# 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats MB

D
Old 07-14-2017, 01:51 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Congrats MB!

Good morning all, Bix, I'll be thinking of you today.

Enjoying a hot cup of coffee before I move on to the flurry of packing and loading up the vehicle. So looking forward to this weekend!

This will be a test of what it's like trying to come here and post on my phone. I'm hearing wi-fi is spotty up there, we shall see.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 07-14-2017, 02:14 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Back to Day 1 for me today I'm afraid - but will definitely be sober this weekend. I am kicking myself however I have also had more sober days this month than drinking days so I think that's an achievement in itself. I am currently sitting on my bed and don't have the motivation to do anything today. I haven't even opened my curtains yet. Need to give myself a kick up the bum I think x
Old 07-14-2017, 03:05 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

What's up, weekenders! I have to get ready for work, but wanted to check in.....I'll come back later when I can catch up on reading posts....SOOO glad to be here! Thanks Saoutchik!
Old 07-14-2017, 05:52 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

My weekend is off to a BEAUTIFUL start. Sunrise paddleboarding before work.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Sorry that's so big! Ha! I understand how to put it on an external site but still such a large photo...
Old 07-14-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Sober is new badass!
Lol congratulations on your mini milestone MB.

I hope you have a great time LadyBlue

Excellent photo apples that deserves the big screen treatment.

Stick with it Susiegirl!

Spot the deliberate mistake. I ordered the vegetarian antipasti I am not a vegetarian but don't generally eat meat during the week. I didn't have time to send it back but on the plus side I only paid for a veggie version so what you see plus a can of lemonade only cost £6.50 which is good value - especially for London.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170714_140359.jpg (44.9 KB, 35 views)
Old 07-14-2017, 07:23 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Keep right on fighting, Susiegirl! Get back up and don't miss a beat!

Guess what's happening on my Bastille Day?

I'm having a new grandson!

At this moment my daughter is in labor, and the midwives expect him to be here by noon!
Old 07-14-2017, 07:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Well that looks like a delicious mistake, Sao. I hope you ate it.

I'm in. Going to my friend's cabin in Northern Wisconsin tomorrow to help him mow and do some other worky-type things. I don't think we are spending the night, but that could change. I love it up there and would love to stay over, but he has it in his head that he doesn't want to. I'm driving, though, so maybe I'll just kidnap him!!

Should be a pretty mellow weekend. Just how I like it.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post

At this moment my daughter is in labor, and the midwives expect the baby to be here by noon!
How exciting, Gilmer!!! I hope everything "comes out okay." I know, I know. That's bad.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:55 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post

I'm having a new grandson!

At this moment my daughter is in labor, and the midwives expect him to be here by noon!
Awesome Glimer....congratulations!!! You must be stoked!

Susie-Get right back on it...it's just a blip, you can move through this. Sending you strength!

Apple- Your photo is absolutely beautiful!!!

Sao- What a great looking plate! Unfortunately, the way my stomach is feeling right now, the bread and hummus would be about all I would be able to eat.

Still dealing with this dam stomach flu. I hate being so unproductive...just have to deal with it.

Make it a great day all!
Old 07-14-2017, 07:57 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

apple's picture was pretty, but a picture of cheese and olives is prettier lol

Gilmer! Congratulations!

Overslept and feeling pretty crappy right now.. but much better than I felt at 7:30. I'm just glad I didn't have to be anywhere or deal with anyone. I thought I was going to have to drive to the library to work on an assignment but the program works on my mom's laptop so I can wait til closer to the deadline tonight and continue to procrastinate which I love to do on a Friday.. Everyone is away camping.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:33 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
So many great sober events this weekend!

Gilmer - congrats!!!!!

Apple - I am with Sao - such a gorgeous picture deserves to be full-screen.

Sao - Your antipasti is just total temptation!

I am still on mostly oats-buckwheat-veggies forced diet because of no fridge and tight budget.

Can't wait till the first paycheck at my new job.

The weather has been very moody today - one moment it's sunshine, next it's heavy rain.

I am luring myself to a swimming pool a little bit later.

See you.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Spot the deliberate mistake. I ordered the vegetarian antipasti I am not a vegetarian but don't generally eat meat during the week. I didn't have time to send it back but on the plus side I only paid for a veggie version so what you see plus a can of lemonade only cost £6.50 which is good value - especially for London.
I'm thinking you mean that big ol' slab of delicious-looking salami is the "mistake". Maybe I'm just hungry, but holy hell, that plate looks delicious. Looks like a cross between a charcuterie plate and a plowman's lunch. Though at first I thought you meant that the can of lemonade cost £6.50 (!!!)...but I'd say that delicious looking lunch plus drink for ~ US $8.40 is a darn good deal!
Old 07-14-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Off to the gym - seems like I've found my version of Friday date night))
Old 07-14-2017, 10:09 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm in for a sober weekend. Enjoy your weekend everyone.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:15 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Wonderful news Gilmer!

I most definately ate my lunch, salami and all it was as good as it looked. I would have paid the difference but it would have meant explaining what happened to someone who didn't serve me in the first place and I don't get a whole lot of time for lunch even though today is quiet.

CreativeThinker I hope your stomach flu clears up in time for the weekend proper.

Here in Britain all the schoolkids began their summer holidays today.
Old 07-14-2017, 10:48 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
saoutchik

In honour of Bastille Day here is a clip of the legendary Jacques Brel (actually he was born in Belgium) He is in the studio by the look of it complete with the ever present cigarette which would end his life at the age of 49.

Old 07-14-2017, 11:06 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

The baby arrived a couple of hours ago. Everyone is fine. We'll be taking the siblings over to visit in a couple of hours; their dad texted us some pictures, and they were very excited.

In other news, my daughter wants to increase the amount of vegetables in their diet and reduce the amount of grandparent "spoiling snacks," so I prepared a lunch that I loved when I was a kid: LaChoy Chicken Chow Mein.

It's a little high in sodium, but it's loaded with unusual vegetables whose unique flavors have been subsumed by the salty, chicken-flavored sauce.

I added some canned white meat chicken for extra protein.

I tried to make the dish look exciting and dramatic by first putting a layer of brown rice in their bowls. My plan was to spoon out some chow menu on top, squirt on some soy sauce, then let them top it off themselves with fistfuls of chow mein noodles.

We never got that far, though.

My two-y-o grandson stood up and saw me stirring the vegetables. Immediately he cried out, "That's yucky!"

I tried to assure him that it was actually good and fun, and tasted just like chicken, not vegetables. Like a broken record he whined, "That's yucky" again and again: then he upped the ante with "I hate it!"

It just cracked me up. I guess you have to see him--he's a character. He just turned two--he can barely even speak, yet he's fluent in the outright rejection of vegetables!

My granddaughter had her doubts, too; but I assured her it tasted like chicken and pointed out the mini-corn cobs. She tried it and really liked it.

My grandson wasn't having it, though, so I gave him green beans, rice, and chow mein noodles.

I finally sat down to eat my share when suddenly I recalled his loud declaration of "I hate it!"

I spit out a mouthful all over the table--and some even went up the back of my nose!

Kind of uncomfortable! And a mess, too!

That's been my day so far!
Old 07-14-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

There's a thread, out there, called read this if you think you're worthless, and along those lines. I don't feel that way about myself today, despite.. having a very bad night and morning.. and that was a little silver lining in my day, so thank you to the person who made that thread.