SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Back again at day one. But I am grateful I made it back!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/412623-back-again-day-one-but-i-am-grateful-i-made-back.html)

asixstringnut 07-12-2017 05:33 AM

Back again at day one. But I am grateful I made it back!!!

Well I am back. It didn't take as long for me to find my way back this time which is nice.
Got out of bed at 4 am fed the doggies, did the dishes piled up in the sink,cleaned the kitchen and poured the alcohol down the sink.

So thanks for still being here and giving me a place to come back to for support and advise.

I need to figure out what to do when something pushes my anger / resentment buttons as it is a killer for me and staying sober.
I think I need to get some counseling to help with this issue.

Just going to slip in and out of here all day and read up on what I have been missing.

Thanks to you all.

asixstringnut

MidnightRider 07-12-2017 05:53 AM

Hey asixstringnut -- What sorta guitar do you play? Looks like a Gibson in your Avatar ..

OK... It's all a process... getting sober.

Sometimes we "think" we need to drink because we are upset or mad or just plain tired. But please ... Make a plan. A Simple Plan. The Plan of what are you going to do " the next time you are pissed off".

Maybe it's something simple.... Strum the guitar, eat some ice cream. Take a walk.

Hope this helps!

applewakesup 07-12-2017 05:53 AM

welcome back!

Mizzuno 07-12-2017 06:30 AM

I am glad you made it back.

You can do this.

Plan. A plan for recovery. In my first few weeks and even now I have structured time. I plan out my days but more importantly I plan out my evenings as that was the time where I drank one bottle of wine. On the weekends it was more. It became an awful way to live my life.

We are here for support.

tomsteve 07-12-2017 07:54 AM

glad ya made it back.
i found the program of AA helped me find causes and conditions for my rageaholic and resentment problems. had a great way to fix it,too, that DIDNT involve a baseball bat upside peoples' heads. :)

2ndhandrose 07-12-2017 08:00 AM

Yay, six, you are back!!!!!

I think counselling is an excellent idea to help you with anger and resentment. I have been in counselling in the past and plan to get back to it soon, as I find I am having trouble forgiving some situations in the past.

Stick close to your SR family :grouphug:

january161992 07-12-2017 08:40 AM

7/12/17 is a great sobriety date

make it your last by taking action

not by thinking

:tyou

Nowsthetime 07-12-2017 08:41 AM

Hello!

You saw this coming with your "what's the point" thread and the one where you said you were sad about not drinking on the holidays and on your birthday. Amend your plan to include situations like these and be prepared next time. The AV likes to come in waves but if we learn to recognize it it gets easier to deal with it.

I am glad you are back. Up and on !!!!

Culture 07-12-2017 09:08 AM

Hi .

Glad to see you back. I'm back on day 2 myself. I was just over one month sober and I could kick my own backside!!!

I hadn't made a plan before, BUT I have now!!

PippoRossi 07-12-2017 01:57 PM

You can and will do this, Six!!!

August252015 07-12-2017 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Mizzuno (Post 6534802)
I am glad you made it back.

You can do this.

Plan. A plan for recovery. In my first few weeks and even now I have structured time. I plan out my days but more importantly I plan out my evenings as that was the time where I drank one bottle of wine. On the weekends it was more. It became an awful way to live my life.

We are here for support.

Yes, and yes! I started a plan and STILL have a structure to my days (I am at 506 days sober)- my program is AA but there are other programs. I am sure we all made suggestions like this stuff before when you posted- as Dee usually asks, what will you do differently this time to make sobriety stick?

This can definitely be your last start.

Hevyn 07-12-2017 02:40 PM

Happy to have you back & giving it another go, Six. After a while, we realize it's never going to help us cope with any situation - ever.

SoberLeigh 07-12-2017 04:23 PM

Welcome back, asixstringnut.

Counseling sounds a great idea.

Also, Mizzuno mentioned how much a plan helped her.

Do you have a plan?

I'll post links to a couple of great SR threads on the topic of plans.

SoberLeigh 07-12-2017 04:24 PM

As promised:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...highlight=psst

SoberLeigh 07-12-2017 04:26 PM

The other:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...=Recovery+plan

Dee74 07-12-2017 04:37 PM

I'm glad you're back Six :)

D

LadyBlue0527 07-12-2017 04:54 PM

So glad to see you back here six.

I think the next time you feel angry you have to write a song about it. Doesn't have to be the whole thing but at least two verses and a chorus. :)

This isn't easy work but the fact that you're back here shows you want it.

Never give up!

asixstringnut 07-12-2017 05:04 PM

Thanks for all the positive comments. Wow depression is very strong today. I feel like I am walking in quick sand. I know that alcohol is a depressant but it has really hit me today.
I imagine it will take a week or so to start feeling a little less depressed.
I read somewhere once that depression is anger turned inward. Well I am pretty angry at myself over drinking again.

Day one's are never easy for me.

asixstringnut

PippoRossi 07-12-2017 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by asixstringnut (Post 6535566)
Thanks for all the positive comments. Wow depression is very strong today. I feel like I am walking in quick sand. I know that alcohol is a depressant but it has really hit me today.
I imagine it will take a week or so to start feeling a little less depressed.
I read somewhere once that depression is anger turned inward. Well I am pretty angry at myself over drinking again.

Day one's are never easy for me.

asixstringnut

:grouphug: Six :grouphug: This can be your last day 1, then you never have to do another one. It's that fantastic news?!?!?

asixstringnut 07-12-2017 09:44 PM

Made it through another day one. Maybe this can Be my last day one.

Lots of depression today but no alcohol. Off to bed all.

Tomorrow is another day.

asixstringnut