Notices

Recovery

Old 07-09-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Recovery

Hello. I am new to this forum. I have been in recovery from alcohol and drugs for three years. I have worked the steps of AA a couple times at the guidance of my sponsor, I just recently started working the Al-Anon steps and going to Al-Anon meetings. I'm excited for what's to come, because I felt like there's a missing link in my recovery and my life. Can anybody tell me if Al-Anon will help my food addiction. Because I eat for every reason imaginable. I am 80 pounds overweight, and I'm not getting any younger so it's starting to affect my health. I have been over eating as long as I can remember all the way back to my childhood
Old 07-09-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Welcome and well done on 3 years of sobriety - it works if ya work it!

I attend Al-anon on occasion being qualified with family. I am not familiar with anyone in our group attending for food issues. Is there an OA (over eaters) group where you live? I know there is here - there are steps and people work with sponsors

Best
Fly
Old 07-09-2017, 04:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm already in two programs. I don't think it would be smart to get in a third program. and I just don't have time for it either. Once I work on my Al-Anon issues,maybe I will get some progress in my food issues?