SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I'm here and sober! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/412272-im-here-sober.html)

hns0685 07-05-2017 09:35 AM

I'm here and sober!

Hello everyone! I just wanted to say a huge thank you to those that responded to my "Trying to get sober again" post. Here I am on day 2 of being completely sober. The last 2 days of my drinking really should have been sobriety days, but at the last minute before bedtime I decided to drink ONE drink (how stupid). Anyway, I finally feel like I am done. I have to be and WANT to be. I've been journaling like crazy for this past week and have gotten a glimpse into a lot of my fears and resentments that continue to lead me back to drinking after periods of sobriety. Today I'm looking forward to checking out the recovery programs on here that someone sent me last week (thank you) and create a plan to not fall backwards. I am having some health issues right now that are concerning me, making me wonder if I have damaged my liver, but I'm terrified of going to my doctor who knows that I've been sober but doesn't know that I've relapsed. I guess it's pride, guilt and shame. Maybe I should just go in and do a blood draw to see where my levels are, but at the same time I know that if I continue on this path that my liver can regenerate and heal as long as I don't drink anymore. Whew, that was a lot of word vomit. I just wanted to tell you guys thank you, and let you know that it's day 2. :)

starstarstar 07-05-2017 09:48 AM

:You_Rock_

ScottFromWI 07-05-2017 09:57 AM

Congrats on day 2 hns! Glad to hear you have made the decision to make sobriety a reality for you. Getting checked out by your doc can actually be a very reassuring thing, and they understand so don't be afraid to go.

Upstairs 07-05-2017 09:59 AM

Good job on the two day milestone!

MidnightRider 07-05-2017 10:03 AM

Way to go on Day 2!

Pebbles666 07-05-2017 10:16 AM

Well done you.

It gets better and better I promise..

I'm only on day 16...and trust me...if I can...anyone can...I may of well owned the Jack Daniels factory !!!
One day at a time.
Go for it !!!
Much love. Xx

Endoftheday 07-05-2017 01:06 PM

well done on 2 days , keep going it gets better and better :You_Rock_

Dee74 07-05-2017 02:44 PM

Welcome to SR hns :)

Keeping secrets kept me drinking - clear the decks with a clear slate. Go see your Dr :)

D

SnazzyDresser 07-06-2017 03:32 AM

good going, hns!

hns0685 07-06-2017 07:07 AM

Thanks everyone, today is officially Day 3! And yes, even though I did wake up this morning feeling pretty good... I still think I should go see my doctor as scared as I am.

Mattq2 07-06-2017 09:02 AM

Good for you HNS. Please stay in touch and post often. It really helps.