Notices

Day 7 and the joy of being sober...

Old 12-23-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7 and the joy of being sober...

When your 11 year old asks you to take him to see The Greatest Showman and you can jump up and buy tickets to the next showing in 45 minutes and spend an afternoon with your youngest child doing something you both genuinely enjoy. 🤗 Last week I would have had to put it off until I was sober enough to drive and felt okay enough to leave the house. We might not have seen it for days...If at all. I am liking being sober more and more every day. Hope every one had a great day! But it's COLD out there now. We might get more snow.. now for some hot tea and more spending time at home with the "baby" ❤💋
Old 12-23-2017, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on the first of many sober weeks! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Least!! And boy I called that one... came down to the kitchen to make a mug of tea and it's snowing like crazy!! Snuggled down on the couch with the "baby" in front of the Christmas tree with the fire going and watching more movies... and the snow. I forgot how much these simple things mean... God I am just sick about how much time I have wasted!!!
Old 12-23-2017, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 7 days KG77!
How was the movie? That is at the top of my list for ones I want to watch in the next few weeks. Not drinking also means all of the money spent on booze can go to fun family outtings like the movies.
Old 12-23-2017, 06:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you ChickChick!! It was AMAZING! I am starting to think that Hugh Jackman really IS the Wolverine. That man doesn't age!! I can't wait to see it again, my son is already asking to see it again and it will definitely be added to the home collection when it comes out on blue ray.
And I know right? Money is the other thing I feel bad about wasting so much of... 😕
Old 12-23-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fantastic post KG - congrats

D
Old 12-23-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The opposite of addiction is connection.

Don’t dwell on time you feel was wasted, you’re right where you ought to be now, including all of the lessons you’ve learned. Enjoy the beauty of the present moment, that’s all you really have. The snow sounds wonderful!
Old 12-23-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

KG...reading your story just made me feel better about being 4 days sober tomorrow. To spend time present in your family's life is a blessing...my son said I was boring since I've been in the bed hungover from Wednesday...I'm just now feeling myself again but I lost these 3 days recovering. I'm also sure your spouse has been happy this week...I want my spouse to be happy with me again as well!...you just inspired me!!
Old 12-23-2017, 07:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sobriety keeps on giving . . . fantastic!!
Old 12-23-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dsp

Sobriety gives us clarity, and strength. We no longer have artificial emotions coursing through our veins, and we have overcome active addiction. This makes me happy. I have 27 days today, and have had 93 in the past. It gets better. At times it may be difficult and lonely, but this too shall pass.
Old 12-23-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That is so great!!! What an awesome feeling hold tight I hear they grow quickly