Notices

Will I ever be completely sober?

Old 07-11-2017, 10:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Southern Ga Boy

Originally Posted by notgonnastoptry View Post
That's a very complicated situation (the sex part) and if alcohol is a problem, it's better to give up the bottle than have a great sex life--although, it really sucks. I know from first hand experience.

I lost a ton of weight while drinking (unlike others because I had really reached the end. I didn't just have that 20 lb late-night-munchy bloat. No, I was dying and my organs were shutting down BUT, I reach my HS weight).

Husband loved it. I called "pig" and I'm aggravated about it. Plus, I was not inhibited and things were very wild. I looked great. We were having sex at least every other night (and we were approaching 10 years together, so it definitely wasn't the excitement of young love).

Anyway, fast forward. My body opted for sobriety and I spent 7 days in the hospital getting vitamins, water, etc. Came out at 120 and the great sex life continued into sobriety.

Um, then I gained 25 lbs over the past year (probably 30, but I've lost 7). My husband is not as interested because he's immature and full of himself (he's not exactly supposed to be gracing a magazine himself). The sex had slowed down and it has caused a lot of problem, particularly because I'm a woman and already super hyper sensitive about weight issues.

But, I would rather substitute this rather high rent problem for the problems I had as a raging alcohol while "doing it" all the time. but, yes, it's a problem. It's the lesser of two evils where alcohol is concerned.
Thanks for the reply. It was somewhat funny only because it reminds me of me and my wife..lol It made my day.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows it going Wizooo?

D
Old 07-11-2017, 06:23 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

hey wizzoo, just checkin in on ya. new to the site, saw some similarities here. im 8 months sober from alcohol and xanax. kinda just fell into abuse without knowing it. but hey im still here kickin and getting through it, i cant say its been easy at all....on the contrary, its been hell.....but ive read that om at the peak of my PAWS, so hopefully itll be downhill from here...
Old 07-12-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Southern Ga Boy

Hey Stev0 and D.
Thanks for checking. I've been doing pretty good. I haven't had a drink in a couple of weeks. I have been extremely tired when I get off work. I work-out a good bit but it has been hard because of me being so tired. I still haven't made it to a meeting, but I'm trying to work on a good time. I'm glad I'm not getting up w a hang-over or blood shot eyes. That makes me feel good. Thanks you all for checking.
Old 07-12-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Originally Posted by Wizzooo View Post
Hey Stev0 and D.
Thanks for checking. I've been doing pretty good. I haven't had a drink in a couple of weeks. I have been extremely tired when I get off work. I work-out a good bit but it has been hard because of me being so tired. I still haven't made it to a meeting, but I'm trying to work on a good time. I'm glad I'm not getting up w a hang-over or blood shot eyes. That makes me feel good. Thanks you all for checking.
Way to go..... Tiredness will fade. Just make sure you are getting proper diet. Sometimes we need some extra nourishment!