Notices

why????

Old 06-28-2017, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

why????

Please tell me why this forum removes posts about success with alternative medicine under the guise that is giving medical advice while people are allowed to talk about their prescription drugs?
I got off to a bad start on this site but thought I would give it another try.
Thanks
Old 06-28-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sharing experiences is welcome, making recommendations about specific substances for specific conditions is not allowed. Whether prescription or OTC/natural/herbal, those types of recommendations are best left to medical professionals.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

captainkitty, we don't remove any posts unless a rule is broken. Maybe you should re-read them? You're welcome to post your "experience only" with alternative medicines.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ting-tips.html

Especially this one;

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I didn't give advice. I just listed what is working for me
Old 06-28-2017, 10:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Originally Posted by captainkitty View Post
Please tell me why this forum removes posts about success with alternative medicine under the guise that is giving medical advice while people are allowed to talk about their prescription drugs?
I got off to a bad start on this site but thought I would give it another try.
Thanks
Because if a prescription drug is discussed the interested party would need to speak to their physician in order to obtain it.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you have a problem captainkitty please go to the moderator who removed your post or to an Administrator.

You can contact them by PM.

Newcomers is a forum for people seeking help.

It's really not fair to make threads like this with problems that can be handled other ways.

Thread closed.

Dee
SR