Notices

Intimate problem, insight welcome!

Old 06-26-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Intimate problem, insight welcome!

Hello all, I'm new to this and so I've been reading a few threads, this place looks like an awesome resource for addiction.
I did not come across the topic I am looking for so apologies if this has been discussed before.
I do not have an addiction but I am in a relationship with a lovely man that has. He is 37. He has been smoking weed for many years, all day long, and, to make matters worse, he also binges often on strong liquor.
We have an intimate problem that is is causing some resentment on my part. He suffers from erectile distinction, not completely, but is consistent, he can get hard but he can't stay hard for long and he needs to manually stimulate himself to get going again. This happens every time we have sex and that's when he is completely sober. When he's drunk he is totally useless so I don't even attempt sex.
I read much that smoking and drinking can cause ED. The drinking alone I believe can cause ED even if not regular, at least when one is drunk. The smoking alone though, in my experience, (in another relationships with a couple of smokers (not drinkers though) and smoking alone did not cause them even the slight ED even if they were older men and heavy smokers.
So, my suspicion falls on long term abuse of weed as the most likely culprit for his ED.

I was wondering if any marijuana users have experienced ED? Does this have any basis?
Otherwise he is healthy, has a fit body (not six pack but no belly at all) avoids carbs and sugars, he is lean, he occasionally works out, I have no other concerns.
We talked about this and he did not try to deny that there is a problem and even said he will begin to quit (but that's for another time perhaps)
Any insights?

Thank you!
Old 06-26-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes. Marijuana and alcohol cause ED.
Old 06-26-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi again Hurtz - like I said in the other thread that wasn't a problem I had with weed.

Does your bf want to stop smoking, or see a Dr about this?

D
Old 06-26-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

ED can be caused by many factors. I hope your bf considers talking to his dr.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

there are a lot of reasons for ED.....not the least of which could be prostate cancer. if HE is concerned, HE should see a physician and get a full battery of tests.

if it just bothers you, then you have decisions to make.