Notices

Had been doing well...

Old 06-26-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Hi Ready...welcome...HOW? For me at the end- drinking was as 'instinctive' as breathing. Breaking that cycle- from the thought, that leads to the emotion which defines the action. Like fire- which need heat, air and a fuel source- remove one...no fire.
The first thing for me was physical dependency...detox. A
doctor- with supervision...I got seizures. Then rehab- to change routine, lifestyle, thinking, looking after myself. Then serious counselling- to break the thought process by learning new pathways in the brain..physical wiring needed to change thought..by using a CBT psychologist and an addiction counsellor.
Also managing money- with HELP I paid off my bills and save what I can. Also forcing myself to do anything- except stay in bed, play games or watch crappy daytime TV. Outside my isolated, drinking safety zone...silly stuff like snorkelling, high rope adventure (was terrified of heights). I do a lot of art and writing. So much so- it has replaced drinking. All of these things- all at once, so many balls kept rolling- but in small steps. Journaling helps. Also diet, hydration , rest and getting outside. Sounds great....it is hard work. So was drinking.
Stop drinking. If you keep doing the same things over and over, and hope for success, where history tells you it will not work..it is time to do something differently.
My compassion, empathy and support to you.
I just love your posts. Always such wise words. For that I thank you.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Readytodothis View Post
Well hello everyone,

I haven't been on here for a few months, but things are out of control again. I'm laying in bed, not going to work yet again, because I drank all weekend. I had been sober for a couple of months, but of course, thought I could control my drinking. Ummmm, no. I hate this feeling...so depressed and anxious. Sobriety is so wonderful. How did I let this happen?
I am glad you posted. THAT is exactly how you start on your road to recovery (since you asked).
Old 06-26-2017, 11:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PippoRossi View Post
I am glad you posted. THAT is exactly how you start on your road to recovery (since you asked).
Thank You! Day 1 is always so awful....feels like it's never-ending. But, I never have to go through this again, right?
Old 06-27-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well, I'm going to say today is day 1 as I did smoke some pot yesterday. That's not a regular thing at all for me, so I don't see it continuing. About to head into work-this is always so anxiety provoking. The s/o and I had a long discussion last night. Thank goodness he is so supportive. I hope everyone has a great, sober day today!