Notices

Advice very much needed

Old 08-21-2017, 12:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

there is also Fam-Anon which is like AlAnon but for family and friends of drugs users. Might be worth checking if any of their meetings are nearby. They're a bit more spread over Scotland..... Meetings | Famanon
Old 08-21-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

BB,

thank you for telling me all about these books/groups that can help me and I am definitely going to look into that.

I also know I need to stop being controlled by him. As I said to Anvilhead, I'm just really struggling with this but yes, I will get through it.

Thank you.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll always find support and help here Cody

D
Old 08-21-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you D 😀

BB - Unfortunately no famanon meetings in my area but I'm definitely going to do something about my situation.
Old 08-15-2020, 02:38 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Advice very much needed

I totally understand your pain I am two in the same situation been with my boyfriend for almost a year back and forth back and forth we both get so upset with each other not only is he in full active drug addiction talking not talking back and forth back and forth break up for two days back together break up for 3 days back together break it for a week back together he loves it he says he won't chase me but he loves the idea that I might be with someone else and come back to him he wants to be the last I know exactly what you're going through last night he lied and said he was home and then he was coming to the meeting and had me wait for hours he never showed up he then told me to come to his home after the meeting he was not there I flipped out I said and done things I now regret because as a woman I should have just walked away but I didn't so now I receive a text saying he never wants to see me again and has blocked me from all social media has telephone numbers and everything he has walked away from me and I am devastated yet he is he out of it how does this happen I understand your pain
Old 08-15-2020, 05:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Get away quickly

I dont know if you are sobrer por trying to be but that influence cant be good. Personally i wouod cut ties.
Old 08-15-2020, 06:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for what brings you here Imisshim, but you'll find support and understanding here.
I'm glad you're using our Family and Friends forums as well.

It sounds to me like you're not being treated very well of late - maybe it's best to move on and leave this guy to his games?

D
Old 08-16-2020, 12:15 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Agreed, coming from another guy, leave this one.
Old 01-29-2021, 05:41 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
MfromTX

What should I do?

I am in a 17 marriage that started with my wife entering treatment for meth addiction. I was Alcohol was my drug, I had quit just before her treatment started and was sober for 11 years. A couple of years ago I started seeing signs that she was using, paraphernalia ect. We had both been involved in recovery 7 of those years, her behavior changed and I relapsed as well, I have been out for about a year. I am two days sober today. I want to remain sober. My issue is I can't get her to tell me what her plan is, if she even has the desire to get clean. If she doesn't it will make my recovery very difficult. Should I find someone safe to stay with for a a while? If I leave will that push her further into her hole.?