Notices

A final word about dogs and life and gratitude

Old 06-24-2017, 07:31 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

(((Argillaceous))) You're in my thoughts and prayers as well.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Old 06-25-2017, 09:13 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Calmness, peace, serenity during this
emotional moment in your life.

Let Go & Let God.
Old 06-25-2017, 10:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Old 06-25-2017, 04:47 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll check in soon Argi

D
Old 06-27-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey Argi, hope you're doing okay; saw this online & thought you might like it:

And to answer your question, yes they are both single (lol) ~ Angel is an immediate sweetheart, where it takes a little while for Isabelle to warm up to others. He'll win them both over in no time
Old 06-27-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Awww, Purplrks, that is soooo sweet, and just what I needed. I actually have a video of Argus's last walk with us on Saturday before the vet came, and in it I'm telling him about Isabelle and Angel, and he looks back just as I finish as if to say "Please mom, I can get my own girls in my own time," and I say, "Hey, it's a mom's job to fix her son up..."

I am sad to tell you and everyone else that I did drink Saturday night (2 bottles of wine) and on Sunday (less than half as someone invited us over and I took with the bottle of champagne I was going to drink that night so I wouldn't drink all and moderated that evening). But still, I drank, letting down Argus, myself, and my SR fam.

But I checked in on Sunday night and saw the query Dee had posted in this thread about hoping I would check in soon. I checked into my Ninja fam monthly thread and was touched by how many of my Marchers had rallied to post their thoughts.

And that is what kept me from drinking last night, and what is keeping me from drinking tonight. Which is good, because the loss really hit today and hit hard (been crying at just about everything today).
---------------------
A final word and photo about Argus
I just would like to take the remainder of this post to provide some closure to my Argus story here. To share one last installment and photo about the lily and what happened just after Argus passed.

The original Argus lily bud that on Sunday—the first day of Argus's last week with us—was just about to bloom, was, the following Saturday—the day we would say goodbye—fully submerged (it had been peeking just above the water on Friday).

Before the vet came I tried to take some pics of the submerged bud and the other lilies (representing remaining greyhound Penny and oh, don't know, dog someday-down-the-line to come??) in this symbolic tale. The pics were a little hazy, but still clear. Right after Argus passed, I took several pics of the remaining flowers and captured—in all three—the image you see below.

I looked at the photos in the small camera preview window and was again—as I had been the previous Sunday—puzzled by what the auto setting was doing on the camera as this was quite a strange effect, and a very different kind of effect than what happened on Sunday. So I took another couple of photos about two minutes after the one below under the same light conditions.

They were totally clear.

Forget symbolism. Forget that humans need meaning so they create the kind of stories like I have with Argus and the lily. When I saw the clear photos in contrast to the one below, I cried. The tears clouded my vision, but my heart was clear in its gratitude. I thanked Argus—my dear, sweet, devoted boy—for hanging around in the pond for a few more minutes so I could say goodbye one final time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
after_passing.jpg (53.7 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by argillaceous; 06-27-2017 at 03:21 PM. Reason: fixed formatting, added one more thought
Old 06-27-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Saoutchik sends love to Argus.
Old 06-27-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I am thinking of you and Argus, Argi. sending love and peace your way.
I think of our babies on the rainbow bridge doing the doggy smiles at us.

You don't have to drink anymore Argi. You didn't let anyone down- you are just hurting yourself when you should be kind and loving to yourself.
You can do this, for you, because you honour Argus in your living.

The crying will come and go, it still does for me and it's been 2 months.
Give yourself some time to feel and heal.
I can't remember, did you post any pictures? I envision him as a very regal looking gentleman <3
Old 06-27-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
...I can't remember, did you post any pictures? I envision him as a very regal looking gentleman <3
Hi Delizadee, thanks for the thoughts. The only pic I've posted so far is my avatar. I changed it from my goofy hedgehog in love with a hairbrush to my goofy Argus on the day I did this original post. May post some more pics in the next week. Thanks for asking.

Edited to add: this is his goofier side; gentlemenly pics elsewhere...

Last edited by argillaceous; 06-27-2017 at 04:11 PM. Reason: added sentence
Old 06-27-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

(((argillaceous))) So glad you checked in.....
Old 06-27-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Me too - so glad to hear from you Argi. You'll get back on track, there's no doubt.
When you feel like it, we'd love to see pics.