Notices

Weekender Thread 23-25 June. Enjoy your revovery this weekend

Old 06-28-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I have been busy today without being very productive, I seem to be at everyone else's beck and call

Am I correct in thinking that with 4th July falling on a Tuesday it will be a long weekend for some of you?
Old 06-28-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I'm so annoyed right now. My life is a joke. I spend my days surrounded by doctors. The laugh is that between my undergraduate degree and my postgraduate studies and my teaching diplomas I have spent as much time at university as they have. Meanwhile I get dogs abuse on the phone every day. And it's all "I want to talk to the consultant right now!" No. He doesn't talk to people on the phone. That's why I'm here. I can't book people into the clinic without asking. If you want the five star treatment go back and see him at the private hospital where you came from and pay and you will get an appointment next week. No bother. I suggested politely that I could get the registrar on call to phone her or she could come to A&E and the doctor on call would see her and she went berserk altogether. The funny thing is that the reg on call today is actually the daughter of another consultant in the department and I hear she is rather good at her job. I want...I want...I want. She begged me for a date for her tonsillectomy which I gave her, and I see on the system she was subsequently seen by 2 different doctors. And the consultant doesn't like tonsillectomies as they are not considered high priority. I gave her the options and she hit the roof. I'm following procedure and my hands are tied. What can I do?

Meanwhile the consultant gives me no help at all. He is backing out the door in a rush while I'm trying to get one or two answers from him. And he always in a mood. I don't know if he doesn't like me or what. I wish I could get some guidance. My mom is often in a mood and st times she can be tactless but at least she says straight out what is on her mind instead of this rubbish.

Six years of study for this. I have been told by the other secretary that I'm too nice to people on the phone. Last night I saw an episode of Sex and the City where one guy got a message from his ex and he was screaming at the phone with his middle fingers up. That may be me tomorrow.

I tried to amuse myself tonight by setting up "Siri" on my phone. This voice is creepy but it amused me for a while. I'm taking a couple of days off as I have holidays to use up before I crack up.
Old 06-28-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I would try and detach a bit from the patients Tetra, if you have done as much as you can for than then you don't have to be made to feel bad as well. They can always make a complaint if they feel strongly about it.

Last edited by saoutchik; 06-28-2017 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Missed a word
Old 06-28-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

My ears have stopped ringing now I think.
I get that someone wants to vent but it's upsetting for me too.
I had lunch with a friend of mine who works at a property management company and she is well used to abusive calls so she gave me good advice. We are both working in jobs and dealing with the public. I get "when am I going to get my appointment" and she gets "when will I get my deposit back?"
Old 06-28-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

I hope these next two days off do you a world of good, Tetra!
Old 06-28-2017, 04:28 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

For anyone interested, just posted one of my favorite photos of Argus (and an update on my daily struggle to with an AV during this time):

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-his-pond.html

Wow, I can't believe it's already about time for a new Weekender. I'm going to really the next one. So I'm jumping in ahead of time! (Not calling shotgun, just reserving a place at the table...)

I will not drink today.

Last edited by argillaceous; 06-28-2017 at 04:28 PM. Reason: moved a sentence