Notices

Weekender Thread 23-25 June. Enjoy your revovery this weekend

Old 06-25-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
I'm almost 35 and I have to admit I don't know who he is.. :-)
Betcha don't remember black and white TV either mandosca?
Old 06-25-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

I was 8 years old when we got color TV, too.

Just in time to catch Tiny Tim.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I had a huge craving come on earlier this afternoon. I learned something from it tho, the more I sat there and tried to fight it in my head and talk myself out of it, the louder and stronger it got. What I needed was to do something. I was at the table reading, so I got up had a glass of lemonade. That's all it took.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by STDragon View Post
Betcha don't remember black and white TV either mandosca?
Haha.. no I don't remember ever having a black and white tv but I do remember only getting like 11 channels and that was pretty awesome. Most people only got like 5. My dad had one of those huge antennas on the roof and the little box inside and you turned the knob to make different channels come in... We thought that was so cool!
Old 06-25-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
I was 8 years old when we got color TV, too.

Just in time to catch Tiny Tim.
I remember my dad taking me up to Radio Shack to test the TV tubes and see which one needed replacing.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Well I'm off to bed - Weekend is over and I made it. Bring on next weekend for it to be my third one sober.

Goodnight and love to you all XXX
Old 06-25-2017, 03:33 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zombie79 View Post
Coming to the end of my first sober weekend and really enjoyed it as well as been really productive.

I've de-cluttered, tidied, washed stuff, taken the dog for more walks and longer walks so she's a lot happier too.
This is my day 8 and my fitbit has shown me that my resting heart rate has decreased 16beats per minute since last Sunday! And I've lost 5lbs weight without really trying. I'm still eating chocolate and bread. So overall, I'm feeling so good about my sobriety this time round :-)
That is so awesome! And so motivating to me! I hate to sound vain but losing a little weight is a big motivator for me, well improving my health in general but I sure wouldnt mind losing 15 lbs! Good for you!!
Old 06-25-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Thankful

Hello Again, Thank you so much for the warm welcome and support. This has been my first weekend without drinking in I don't remember when. I have been on this site night and day this weekend, reading everything I can. I cannot emphasize how much it has helped. Reading your stories has given me so much hope. My wish is that one day, my story, may be of hope to someone else.
Old 06-25-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good going everyone especially the newcomers, it is late here but I had a longish drive and that always messes with my sleep.

I can remember only having 3 TV channels until 1982 and I was about 9 or 10 when we changed to colour.

According to Wiki - Tiny Tims wife Vicky used to hit him. Maybe it was the singing. He died fairly young which I didn't know. Bit sad really

I know my daughters won't have heard of him, they can barely remember the Spice Girls
Old 06-25-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Siyo View Post
Hello Again, Thank you so much for the warm welcome and support. This has been my first weekend without drinking in I don't remember when. I have been on this site night and day this weekend, reading everything I can. I cannot emphasize how much it has helped. Reading your stories has given me so much hope. My wish is that one day, my story, may be of hope to someone else.
Great job getting through the weekend! Every day gets a little bit easier. Do stay close, every time I messed up it was always shortly after I would stop reading and posting (thinking I could handle it on my own). I liked to post asking for help when I got a craving. There was always so many people that would comment and tell me not to do it that I would feel like I was letting people down if I drank. :-)
Old 06-25-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by mandosca View Post
Great job getting through the weekend! Every day gets a little bit easier. Do stay close, every time I messed up it was always shortly after I would stop reading and posting (thinking I could handle it on my own). I liked to post asking for help when I got a craving. There was always so many people that would comment and tell me not to do it that I would feel like I was letting people down if I drank. :-)
Yes, great job Siyo.

I come to SR to read and or post at minimum twice a day usually more often than that. But always first thing in the morning and just before going to bed. The morning posts have helped me tremendously by simply setting my focus on sobriety at the start of each day.
Old 06-25-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hello everyone - This is day 1 on Sunday afternoon for me, so this hasn't been the greatest weekend if you know what I mean, but I'm looking forward to getting more sober time so I can enjoy future weekend threads with you all without the fear/depression that is somewhat consuming me at the moment.

I also want to put myself out there because I have a very strong tendency to isolate and not participate very much in social activities - so here's to stopping doing that and starting a new chapter with new friends in my life.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StartingOverNW View Post
Hello everyone - This is day 1 on Sunday afternoon for me, so this hasn't been the greatest weekend if you know what I mean, but I'm looking forward to getting more sober time so I can enjoy future weekend threads with you all without the fear/depression that is somewhat consuming me at the moment.

I also want to put myself out there because I have a very strong tendency to isolate and not participate very much in social activities - so here's to stopping doing that and starting a new chapter with new friends in my life.

AA is a great place to do that.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrendaChenowyth View Post
AA is a great place to do that.
I agree Brenda - I'm planning to go back to AA in the next few days.
Old 06-25-2017, 11:31 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders StartingOverNW! I used to find drinking very isolating too. This thread continues throughout the week and starts again on Thursday - about 2am if you're on Pacific Time.

Monday morning here and I am off to work later. I hope everyone made it through the weekend, do post here to confirm.

For those of you who live in the US, or who are American this weekend will be good practise for the extended holiday period next weekend.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:55 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Canada day weekend coming up! 150 years old.
Canada150.JPG
Old 06-26-2017, 03:59 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to all my Canadian friends

D
Old 06-26-2017, 09:25 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Happy Birthday Canada!

There is a Canada Day celebration at Trafalgar Square on Saturday.

First day back at work a while and it seems that they coped pretty well without me. Dammit!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170626_172216.jpg (14.8 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by saoutchik; 06-26-2017 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-26-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Happy Monday All,

Another sober weekend has passed and it was a great one. Worked out, entertained friends, went out to lunch with DH and enjoyed a pedicure on Sunday. Nothing elaborate but still fun. Quite a difference from what my weekends used to look like: Drinking, drunk, hungover, do nothing...rinse & repeat.

Old 06-26-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Hope that everyone had a great weekend.

It was wild and crazy here!!!!