Notices

Seven weeks to Sobriety book..

Old 06-21-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Seven weeks to Sobriety book..

Has anyone read this book and tried the program? I just ordered it off Amazon and was just curious what others though of it and what there experience with it was like..
Old 06-21-2017, 06:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
quat

My AV loves the title. But more rational side thinks it's about 7 weeks too long.

The best time to quit is always right now. Quit now, get the book and if there is anything in it that rationalizes or justifies even one more sip after cracking the cover , throw it away.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

a review on of amazon:
Although I remain open that many of the recommended supplements may help, you should know that:
1. The author's "Published study" is one in which she paid for it to be published, not like an actual medical study.
2. She makes some recommendations in her book that are in direct conflict with real medical studies on alcoholism
3. The FDA charged her for illegally buying supplements cheaply overseas where they was NO QUALITY CONTROL and repackaging them with her label that included false claims in April 2014. Refer to this FDA violation letter: http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/Enforcement.../ucm392905.htm

I am not saying she hasn't really helped people, or that some of these supplements help alcoholics. I bought this book because of the positive reviews I saw here. I am saying BE CAREFU. She is about making $ by selling her supplements you can get safely from the pharmacy OTC. And she recommends A LOT of supplements, like 20+ pills a day. Use common sense, go slowly, see what works for you. I definitely feel better with B vitamins, and I am evaluating if L-glutamic acid helps me with cravings. Best wishes to you all.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

20+ pills a day!?!?!?!?!
Old 06-21-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DOS: 08-16-2012

I think the title says it all. I don't even need to research it to see it's a scam. Also, tomsteve's review post helped a bit ; ).

Go to AA, work the program and find real solution where no one is just trying to make a buck off you but just truly want to help you become a better person.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

But should AA not work for you, as it didn't for me, You'll read from many here who have found a program, lifestyle change that allows them to live a life free of alcohol.
Old 06-21-2017, 09:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've read it. It basically tells you to take huge amounts of vitamins and supplements. Very expensive and dubious imo .
Old 06-22-2017, 06:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post
My AV loves the title. But more rational side thinks it's about 7 weeks too long.

The best time to quit is always right now. Quit now, get the book and if there is anything in it that rationalizes or justifies even one more sip after cracking the cover , throw it away.
Thank you but I have already quit. From reading the description it seems to be nutrition based and is supposed to help with cravings and (I'm hoping) healing the body. :-)
Old 06-22-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
a review on of amazon:
Although I remain open that many of the recommended supplements may help, you should know that:
1. The author's "Published study" is one in which she paid for it to be published, not like an actual medical study.
2. She makes some recommendations in her book that are in direct conflict with real medical studies on alcoholism
3. The FDA charged her for illegally buying supplements cheaply overseas where they was NO QUALITY CONTROL and repackaging them with her label that included false claims in April 2014. Refer to this FDA violation letter: http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/Enforcement.../ucm392905.htm

I am not saying she hasn't really helped people, or that some of these supplements help alcoholics. I bought this book because of the positive reviews I saw here. I am saying BE CAREFU. She is about making $ by selling her supplements you can get safely from the pharmacy OTC. And she recommends A LOT of supplements, like 20+ pills a day. Use common sense, go slowly, see what works for you. I definitely feel better with B vitamins, and I am evaluating if L-glutamic acid helps me with cravings. Best wishes to you all.
__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

20+ pills a day!?!?!?!?!
Thank you, I'm definitely not going to be buying any of her pills. :-) I was hoping this would have a lot of info on diet as well!
Old 06-22-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I guess I should have been more specific with my question. I did not buy the book with intention of using it to quit in 7 weeks. I have already stopped drinking. I was hoping that it would offer good advice on the best kind of diet and supplements that will help with cravings and healing the body. I was just curious if anyone had read the book and what their experience was. Thank you though!
Old 06-22-2017, 07:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good for you! I read a lot about addiction, too. Some of it resonates and some of it doesn't.