Notices

Neuropathy

Old 06-19-2017, 12:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Neuropathy

Hi everyone. I posted a while back about my pins and needles in hands and feet at night. I saw the doc today and she thinks I've got neuropathy but it's early days and likely reversible with continued abstinence. I've also got a referral for an ultrasound of my fatty liver. I'm very worried about cirrhosis as I continued to drink after being diagnosed with fatty liver 12 months ago. Time to face the music and assess the damage done.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Sober Nunn. So sorry to hear you're having these health issues, but it's great that you are tackling them and getting your situation assessed. I've experienced the pins and needles feeling before and it's super unpleasant, but from what I read it's generally reversible if you discontinue use of alcohol completely. I hope in your case things improve! I always worry I've done damage gat won't surface until I'm older... Thanks for this post to inspire me to get started now!
Old 06-19-2017, 12:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll get better results than you fear SN

D
Old 06-19-2017, 12:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you SoberNunn.. facing the fear and giving yourself the opportunity to address the possible consequences of alcohol misuse. I've had to do a similar thing the last few weeks and it's scary to actually find out what damage we may have caused ourselves through our drinking...one things for sure though...we'll be physically and psychologically more able to tackle any consequences now we are sober 💜

Wishing you well on the rest of your recovery journey x
Old 06-19-2017, 01:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wishing you well. Hope the results are better than you fear. I've had pins and needles too recently mainly just in my hands. Think I need to face up to things. The longer I keep drinking the worse the consequences are going to be x hope you're still sober 💜
Old 06-19-2017, 01:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pinky1 View Post
Wishing you well. Hope the results are better than you fear. I've had pins and needles too recently mainly just in my hands. Think I need to face up to things. The longer I keep drinking the worse the consequences are going to be x hope you're still sober 💜
Still sober Pinky. X
Old 06-19-2017, 03:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hugs, SoberNunn
Old 06-19-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Girl! I have a doctors apt next month for what I think is neuropathy. I have some nerves in my hands and feet that burn or feel numb sometimes if I over extend them. I'm not sure if it's neuropathy or tied to my back problems (cervical spondylosis). Either way, it's scary!

Glad you're seeing the doctor about your liver SN. Better to know than worry for no reason. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CreativeThinker View Post
Hey Girl! I have a doctors apt next month for what I think is neuropathy. I have some nerves in my hands and feet that burn or feel numb sometimes if I over extend them. I'm not sure if it's neuropathy or tied to my back problems (cervical spondylosis). Either way, it's scary!

Glad you're seeing the doctor about your liver SN. Better to know than worry for no reason. Let us know how it turns out.
Hi All,

Just curious on the diagnosis and symptom improvement as I have been dealing with similar issues weeks after quitting.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you seen a dr MC?

D
Old 05-31-2018, 01:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Sober,

I am pretty sure I had neuropathy as well as pre diabetes. Both are gone for the most part although I feel like they are still improving. I have had blood work 2 times since quitting and things are ok for my,demographic.

My bp dropped dramatically when I quit. This led to light headed feelings for many months. Especially, when I first get out of bed.

It has taken over 3 years of 99.99% abstinence to see major changes and things are still improving.

I am much more patient and tolerant than ever, even though I still get outwardly frustrated sometimes while driving. It is nothing like before.

Thanks.
Old 05-31-2018, 02:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Prayers
Old 05-31-2018, 06:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Have you seen a dr MC?

D
I have seen a dr and neurologist. I don’t have large fiber nerve damage and they don’t think I have small fiber, but I seem to have all of the symptoms and they are not getting better (slightly worse) after 2 weeks of sobriety. I was a very heavy daily drinker for about 12 years. Noticed neuropathy like symptoms recently and quit, they subsided for almost a month then I went on a 4 day binge and they returned. Just curious what others have experienced.

Good luck to everyone with their struggles!