Welcome back, 1stepup.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Glad to read your post.

How's it going today?
Old 06-19-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Hi all, not sure if Im welcome here anymore, Ive had so many attempts to stay sober and failed time after time, a relationship that was abusive towards me ended in April and Ive drank most of the time ever since. I met her in AA and everything was great for first 2 months but after that she admitted she wasn't alcoholic and encouraged me to drink, which I did but since then I needed the drink to stay in relationship, it turned very abusive towards me and she once tried to drown me in a bath and then punched me in the face the day before I was due to start a new job. As a man its hard to admit all this but its the fuel that keeps me drinking, want to stop as I have two beautiful daughters that want their daddy back.... help. please.....
I just had to reread that. o_0

Private message me if you would like my personal advice for detox. I am sorry that happened to you.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am trying not to say much these days. I am just reading and trying to be grateful.
The only wisdom I can bestow on you is.
Dont ever quit trying to quit

asixstringnut
Old 06-19-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome back 1stepup; of course you are welcome here!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:00 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your support, I've been burying my head in the sand, numbing myself with alcohol but know deep down to recover from the relationship I need to get through those first tough weeks and recover. The hard part is, she's found someone else 2 weeks after we split and text saying she's happier than ever with this new guy, talk about kicking me when I'm down!

My family and friends are relieved I'm out of it but I feel so lonely and down that its a real struggle to stay sober, she smoked and offered me one in November and I'm hooked on them now too, got to the age of 36 without smoking and now I'm on about 15 a day.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

1stepup
I have had so many day ones and failures I also have hesitated to come back on the site out of the fear of embarrassment and rejection.
Never once was I treated with anything but kindness and support.
I actually think that type of thinking is part of the disease or the alcoholic voice that runs rampant in or alcoholic brains.
I don't know you but I am sure you would welcome and support anyone who came here looking for help no matter how many failures they had.

Welcome back.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I understand the loss of a relationship. Its hard. Its saddening.
She was physically abusive and tried to drown you though. There should be relief in the fact that you will no longer suffer from her abuse.

Good work on quitting smoking. You are doing this! Give yourself some credit and know that you are taking back your life and moving forward in a positive direction.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:07 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

block her number, dude!
Old 06-19-2017, 08:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I have tom, she messaged me off a number I didn't recognise, twisted she is, that's the hard part, Ive got to get through the withdrawal and the break up- not easy man!
Old 06-19-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Always keep coming back, always keep trying. You are doing the right thing. Most (if not all) of us failed many times before we got it right. Alcohol has a way of making us feel lower than low, especially during and at the end of a long binge, but even a few sober days under your belt can start giving a different perspective again.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Welcome. I've just returned after letting myself down after over 2 years sober. We can do this.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
I have tom, she messaged me off a number I didn't recognise, twisted she is, that's the hard part, Ive got to get through the withdrawal and the break up- not easy man!
nope, definately not easy.
the day aftermy last drunk my (by then ex) fiance told me some of the things i had done and said during a blackout drunk, then tossed me to the curb. i crushed the woman i wanted to spend the rest of my life with.
but that was the action necessary for me to get sober. that was when the pain of getting drunk had finally exceeded reality and i went to AA.
i healed. not only that, but throughmthe steps learned a whole lot about me and how to get rid of the self hate.

it wasnt easy, but worth it.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

This woman abused you - she might have killed you - don't miss her.
Focus on getting back to AA and not drinking, man.

D
Old 06-19-2017, 06:16 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Abuse is never justified....and to think she tried to drown you! You've got yourself and two daughters to focus on; do whatever you need to get and stay sober....and go no contact with her!
Old 06-19-2017, 10:04 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
I just had to reread that. o_0

Private message me if you would like my personal advice for detox. I am sorry that happened to you.
Are you qualified to give medical advice?