Notices

Three Months

Old 06-18-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Three Months

Good Morning Internet Forum,

What has improved in the last 3 months without alcohol? Everything.

The way I approach recovery from alcoholism is a lot different than my previous attempts. I GET to be sober. The decision is easily made day after day. I GET to participate in my life in a healthy way. A more thoughtful way and a more energetic approach to the daily activities.

Getting off the train of alcoholism was terribly hard for me. I told myself all kinds of things to keep drinking. Even when I told myself the lies and justifications, I knew that I was suffering from alcoholism. I accepted that "truth" and still resumed drinking bottle after bottle after bottle.

What really has improved:
My self worth. My esteem. My own belonging in the world. My understanding of how I operate and how my recovery from alcoholism will always be a daily effort.

Sometimes I think that I do not need to participate on this forum. Sometimes I think that I do not need to read all the stories and put effort here as I would rather not think of alcohol any longer. ......

These thoughts are harmful to me. It is imperative for me to be very watchful of my thoughts and what my thoughts tell me to do. The healthiest action I can take is to participate in recovery with others who are recovering. I have to put in the effort in order to see the rewards.

I have been a bit wobbly lately. It is because there is a lot of outside problems affecting the home and our life. I am learning to create and have boundaries for these situations so I am not affected so deeply and my life is not consumed by others. This is mine. This is yours. This is not mine. This is not ours. This is my participation. This is how I choose to participate. CHOOSE. This word. Choose.

3 months is not a long time. It really is just the beginning. This time around, I am taking all measures necessary to acquire health mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. Getting all those parts of myself aligned and grounded.

So, thanks for being here and giving advice when I needed it. Thanks for cheering me on. Thank you for being a voice.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Mizzuno. Congrats on 3 months!
Old 06-18-2017, 08:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
under new management

Old 06-18-2017, 09:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Old 06-18-2017, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

3 months is amazing. Just keep swimming!!
Old 06-18-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

congratulations on 3 months
Old 06-18-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 months! What an amazing Accomplishment!!! I understand what you're saying about not feeling like you need to read all the stories/post on the forum. I used to log in quite often in the beginning of my sobriety to read stories and post but as sobriety has become part of my normal lifestyle I find myself logging on less and less... It is very helpful to log on though and see stories of success such as yours and also stories of people slipping up to remind myself that I will forever be a recovering alcoholic - and I never want to go back to how it was before I was recovering.

Keep up the good work of enjoying your new sober life!!

Leasha.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Mizzuno

Congratulations on three months! I know things will only get even better for you. Sounds like you have really turned a corner, in setting boundaries, knowing what you can and can't control and, most important, taking care of yourself.

I too feel it's different this time because of a shift in attitude: as you say, of having the gift and privilege of a life without drinking rather than having to give something up. Making it a positive choice.

Your presence and participation here has certainly been a gift to me. Love your kindness, spirit and heart. Would love to see you stick around!

Again congratulations!
Old 06-18-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great OP, Mizz and congratulations on three months. That is a good post and good sober time that those just starting, can draw inspiration and knowledge from. I have just less than a year, but your statement about how this time it is different for you, rings true. I learned the hard way that there is a big difference between being sober and living sober.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great post, Mizzuno. Congratulations.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

A huge congrats, Mizz!!!!
Old 06-18-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on three months sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Wonderful post Mizzuno! You sound great and so positive! I agree that balancing getting back to the real world whilst focussing on recovery is very important and necessary. Your approach sounds very healthy. Congratulations on 3 months!!!!
Old 06-18-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

3 Months is fantastic Mizzuno!! Keep it going!!
Old 06-18-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Great job on 3 months Miz!
Old 06-18-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 3 months Mizz

Sounds like you're on the right track to me - whenever life threatens to overwhelm you and you get a little wobbly, remember we are here

Drinking never solved a damn thing

D