Notices

Day 6

Old 06-14-2017, 05:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

My husband gets up and goes to work at this time, so I am up before I go back to sleep. Feeling well again. Getting rid of the caffeine and sudafed has been huge for me. I feel more hope this time around.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Glad you are feeling better! Great attitude having hope. It is more powerful and sustainable then we can ever imagine! Hold onto it and rely on it because it never runs short! In fact, I chose the name Hope for my confirmation name back in 8th grade. I use it as part of my signature!
Make it a golden day!
Old 06-14-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 06-14-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi FreedomCA,

I'm also on day 6. Coffee helps me a lot to get through the day. I try to make sure I get only one and 7-8 am. If more, sleep is very poor (it's still poor anyway).
Old 06-14-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So far I have enough energy throughout the day without any amount of caffeine, so that is good. Similar to alcohol, I used caffeine in an out of control way to get some type of intoxication. And it was also contributing to my alcohol cravings and anxiety.

So far so good on Day 6. Eating something in the middle of the day is proving very important.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Past midnight, so on Day 7 now. I am really beginning to feel the benefits physically of sobriety, although I have been eating a lot. I figure a little weight gain is worth the cost of staying sober in the beginning, and that I can always lose the weight later. But I have been very productive and organized.

I came home from work tonight, and my husband was drunk. Because he had a 12 pack earlier and there were only 2 left, he had 10 beers. He was more obnoxious to be around than anything, so nothing too bad or mean tonight. But seeing him all sloppy and slurry and drunk was a reminder of exactly what I don't want to go back to. He fortunately can sleep pretty well when drunk because he smokes a lot of weed, but if I was in that state, I would be such a miserable sleeper. And I feel sorry that he will tomorrow be very tired and out of it, something I do not miss. I also feel sorry for him because he needs to drink every day, and he has not had an abstinence day in so long, so he is obviously hooked. I will keep him in my prayers and pray that one day he may at least be willing like me to try and stay sober.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 7 days Freedom and I hope your husband come round to your way of thinking asap.