Notices

Did one week. Feel "over it"

Old 06-13-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

These thoughts of drinking are par for the course in early sobriety. When we take something out of our lives whether it be alcohol or foods or whatever, we need to replace it with something otherwise we have created a hole.

For me, I structured my time early on. The first few weeks were filled with my own little program:
Get off work and come home to dinner. Take a bath or wash off the day in some form. Log onto SR and read or post. Turn on Television and watch a few episodes until bedtime. Rinse and repeat the next day.

This restructuring of my time has given me freedom from alcohol. No more hangovers. No more trying to remember events. No more misery from the damage that alcohol created in my life.

Thoughts are just thoughts. Acting on our thoughts can make or break our situation. You are more powerful than you know. Stay strong and keep posting. Soon enough you will experience relief in your decision to remove alcohol from your life.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:01 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

It is so hard in the beginning but it does get easier. I try to 'play the tape forward', as Dee always advised, and it really does help. The high is so darn temporary, before we know it we are waking up, feeling like crap, and wondering how we got lured in again. Vicious cycle.

Rooting for you, it can be done, but you have to want sobriety more than anything.
I miss Walking Dead too, lol, and I used to drink during it and then the next day ask everybody how it ended.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:07 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good for you coco,
That's how it goes, we battle each day and don't drink. Each day, as long as your fully committed will get slightly easier. I'm with you all the way
Old 06-13-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Coco...as everyone has said...it really DOES get easier once some time has passed. Just need to believe all of us and hang in there. You may want to look at your plan and think about making some "tweaks". Structure and regime works for me.