SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Returning for support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/410949-returning-support.html)

Stewy84 06-08-2017 02:48 PM

Returning for support

I am desperate to stop but it feels so hard to get started

Drinking after 2.5 years sober was a huge mistake

I won't be put down by the troll on here, I need support from the site. That is what helped me last time

Tynesider22 06-08-2017 02:54 PM

There's a troll on here? Of all the places to troll, a place where people try to help and support each other? I really don't get people sometimes.

Welcome back to the site, best of luck this time round.

Dee74 06-08-2017 03:21 PM

There's a troll on here? Of all the places to troll, a place where people try to help and support each other? I really don't get people sometimes.
No, there are no trolls here Tynesider. One of my jobs is to make sure of that :)
__________________________________________________ _____

Stewy I understand you've had differences with people in the past but calling them 'trolls' doesn't bode well for a fresh start.

It also doesn't bode well that I opened this thread to sincerely welcome you back and now I have to get all moddy instead.

People are going to recommend the same things they did before because those things work.

Either you're here to take advice or you're not.

Please think about that before you post again.

Dee
SR

Anna 06-08-2017 03:42 PM

Stewy, you've had tons of support from people here, so just look back over your past threads and you will find all the advice and support you need. It's up to you to take action.

2ndhandrose 06-08-2017 03:53 PM

I'm glad you are back, Stewy :grouphug:

CreativeThinker 06-08-2017 03:59 PM

Hey Bud...I was thinking about you today while I was working out. Glad you're back! :c033:

least 06-08-2017 04:27 PM

I hope you take action to stop drinking before something really awful happens to you.

doggonecarl 06-08-2017 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Stewy84 (Post 6490851)
I need support from the site. That is what helped me last time

Fair enough. And what can the site do to support you. What kind of support will get and keep you sober?

SoberLeigh 06-08-2017 05:26 PM

Welcome back, Stewy. Good to see you.

How can we help?

Notimetoloose 06-08-2017 06:12 PM

When the going gets tough, the tough get going, welcome back. You can do this!

AnvilheadII 06-08-2017 06:18 PM

if you look in any of your previous threads, you will find a treasure trove of SUGGESTIONS on the ACTIONS you need to take.

it's like taking an online class in how to be an astronaut......at some point, you'll need to get IN the rocket.

Hevyn 06-08-2017 06:45 PM

I'm glad you posted again Stewy. As you know, we're all in your corner. You did it before - so you know it can be done. Let's do it.

SoberNunn 06-08-2017 06:59 PM

I'm glad your back posting. You've been in a dark place Stewy. Never give up.

Stewy84 06-09-2017 01:05 AM

Thanks everyone. I'm here, day 1.

I apologise regarding my previous troll comment it was a silly thing to say.

I'm going to spend time re reading all the posts of support as there has been so much

Thanks everyone

Dee74 06-09-2017 01:13 AM

Yeah let bygones be bygones Stewy - I am glad you're back to fight and beat this condition :)

D

joandmelandhan 06-09-2017 01:25 AM

So pleased to see you posting Stewy. I actually found myself doing a search on your username the other day to see if you had posted and whether you are okay. I know I'm not alone in wanting you to make a committed start to the fight against this insidious disease. Trust me I was on a relapse yo-yo for months and it made me sicker and sicker. Days add up my friend.......slowly at first but they do (51 so far for me and counting).
It's your time now Stewy please take it!

KES06 06-09-2017 02:18 AM

Welcome back, Stewy. Post before buying the booze! We are all here for you and want you to succeed.

TheOwl 06-09-2017 03:14 AM

you can do it :)

PhoenixJ 06-09-2017 03:25 AM

support to you

tomsteve 06-09-2017 04:24 AM

stewy, notice the main theme here, something i mentioned:
the support is here and suggestions given.
now its up to you to do the action. you CAN do it IF you get into action. that action is gonna have to be more than just reading past threads. ill simplyfy it:
AVRT
celebrate recovery
AA
SMART recovery
Life Ring
pick one and put it into action.