Notices

Pour some sugar on me

Old 06-08-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Gratitude Gardener

Pour some sugar on me

I vote that whenever one of us on this site needs a quick rally of love and strength and support we all agree to call out:

POUR SOME SUGAR ON ME.

And I will bravely spear-head the implementation of this rally call.

I am on day 19.

No longer feeling sick. Still tired. I have decided its PAWS. Or whatever. Its something, and that something likely has everything to do with my quitting drinking.

I wrote this a while ago, but it reminds me of the beautiful, and OH SO RARE qualities of this fine group here of love-bugs and warriors...

"It can be very challenging to let ourselves (outwardly) bask and glow in the love we feel. To gush openly at the full moon, the perfect breeze, the synchronistic AHA! moments, a baby's giggle, a beautiful moment that only you witnessed, to openly cry in public, etc.
For sure... Intellectualism, cynicism, sarcasm, and "sophistication" seem to be the more socially acceptable ways of communicating or "being" in our society. Its like a silently agreed upon social law that says qualities such as soft, vulnerable, child-like joy... tenderness... awe... deep sorrow... are to be hidden from sight. These feelings are too powerful to bear witness to for so many... Some will even shame you for it by making fun of your open heart.
For the many of us who are wearing armor every day all day, trying to protect ourselves from hurt ... doing it so well, for so long now, we cringe when we see the soft ethereal delicacy of Love. Maybe the light scares us... maybe it awakens shame, or our own feelings of long buried hurt... I don't know. Maybe we feel exposed in that light.
But what I do know is that that kind of spontaneous open-hearted way of being in the world is powerful. It has the power to change lives, and heal wounds, and connect us to our purpose. It shines bright, and for sure, it gets noticed, by both those who appreciate it and will be touched by it, as well as those who will deride us for it. May we all learn to be brave when we feel the urge to openly express it... and know in our hearts, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that it is the right way to be."

Thought Id share because I think MANY of us were probably getting too good at hiding, and wearing masks, and thats why some of us drank.

We must let our inner light shine, and we must also feed that light.

Have a beautiful day, all, and DONT DRINK TODAY.
Old 06-08-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you for sharing this, Herculana. Love your positive perspective. So glad you are hanging in there. <3 Continued good vibes and love from me to you!
Old 06-08-2017, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 19 days herc.

Also, I like that song!
Old 06-08-2017, 03:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Gratitude Gardener

haha YES

GOOD MEMORIES FOR ME! The county fair in the summer when i was about 16 years old.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

your light shines in your words Herc. Thanks.