Notices

Nervouse

Old 06-05-2017, 09:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nervouse

Ok gang, I've made it 31days without a drink. Yes I'm proud of myself but there is always that but.
As I said in my first post I received my 3rd DWI here in the state of Texas. My first 2 were pretty much back to back 33 years ago. I'm scarded shittless. I could be facing 2-10 years. For over thirty years I've been good productive citizen, paid taxes put 2 kids through college, always had a job.. tomorrow I go to court for my first appearance, I know I have awhile before I find out what will happen. Work is stressing me to the max and not knowing what's going to happen to me and my family also keeps my anxiety level maxed out. I guess I'm just venting, I still have the attitude of turning a negative into a positive. Today I have not had a drink

Rainman
Old 06-05-2017, 09:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Rainman- I get stress and anxiety over 'what will..?' ALL the time. Today it has been lack of progress on divorce, a 'government review' which I have just been informed has been completed and everything is okay, that they told me - so all good..NO! They never told me nothin' (bas.tards). Plus feeling like an idiot for sharing stuff with someone, the loneliness in not having a family support me..blah...
Professional- counsellor, psychologist- whatever it takes for me. The other stuff- I went to a meeting- to connect, nothing else (unpaid friends). Then had a brief chat with a counsellor (professional friend). So it helps me keep it real.
Perhaps talking it through with someone may help you find strategies in dealing with this...I will not offer useful 'tips'.. you have done that. Keep it real- and about today- not about 33 years ago or something that has not happened. What can you do today- to help control you- with planning, stress, stuff. Support to you.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Rainman- I get stress and anxiety over 'what will..?' ALL the time. Today it has been lack of progress on divorce, a 'government review' which I have just been informed has been completed and everything is okay, that they told me - so all good..NO! They never told me nothin' (bas.tards). Plus feeling like an idiot for sharing stuff with someone, the loneliness in not having a family support me..blah...
Professional- counsellor, psychologist- whatever it takes for me. The other stuff- I went to a meeting- to connect, nothing else (unpaid friends). Then had a brief chat with a counsellor (professional friend). So it helps me keep it real.
Perhaps talking it through with someone may help you find strategies in dealing with this...I will not offer useful 'tips'.. you have done that. Keep it real- and about today- not about 33 years ago or something that has not happened. What can you do today- to help control you- with planning, stress, stuff. Support to you.
Thanks Phoenix
Old 06-06-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done on 31 days Rainman! And good luck with court appearance today.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

First appearance went good, no extra conditions, interlock in my vehicle and I cannot consume any alcohol or illegal drugs. Hey I'm 32 days clean and sober.
Rainman
Old 06-06-2017, 08:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Rainman, I'm glad things went fairly well. Do you have a lawyer who can give you some idea of what will happen? Hopefully that would ease your anxiety a bit. Congratulations on Day 32!
Old 06-06-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 32! That is great!

I hope everything works out for you.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Let us know how court goes rainman - all the best

D