SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Please Help to stop alcohol. I wanna live freely. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/410755-please-help-stop-alcohol-i-wanna-live-freely.html)

tufty13 06-19-2017 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by STHATHEMMAD (Post 6502014)
Yeahhhh!!!
successfully completed two weeks!!!
and stood sober in 7 parties

Congrats on your sober time, that's fantastic.

I'd ease up on the party scene if I were you though (if that's what you meant?)

Sobriety itself can be pretty euphoric in the early days. Some people get carried away with this feeling and start drinking again because they feel so good.

Go carefully. :-)

STHATHEMMAD 06-19-2017 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by tufty13 (Post 6503228)
Congrats on your sober time, that's fantastic.

I'd ease up on the party scene if I were you though (if that's what you meant?)

Sobriety itself can be pretty euphoric in the early days. Some people get carried away with this feeling and start drinking again because they feel so good.

Go carefully. :-)

Thank you so much buddy. I feel great. I know I can stay sober for sure now. :tyou

ThatWasTheOldMe 06-19-2017 11:07 PM

People that want you to drink even though it's destroying your life probably have their own issues.

OpenTuning 06-20-2017 02:02 AM

Fantastic to hear how well you're doing.

I used to go out drinking with a particular group of friends once a week. When I quit I still went, as I wanted to prove to myself I didn't have to change my way of life just because I was sober. I had soft drinks instead of beer. And it felt great to know I was able to do it successfully.

After a while, though, I asked myself why I was spending so much time surrounded by drinkers? What was I really getting from that? So I started doing other stuff instead. In my case making music took over. Rehearsing with a band is much more fun than watching a bunch of people get drunk.

While it's fantastic that you stayed sober in 7 parties, and I can imagine how good it feels to know you can do it if you have to, I'm wondering if it might be time to think of other things you could be doing besides going to parties where staying sober is an achievement? As Tufty says, there are risks to doing that.

STHATHEMMAD 06-20-2017 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by OpenTuning (Post 6504722)
Fantastic to hear how well you're doing.

I used to go out drinking with a particular group of friends once a week. When I quit I still went, as I wanted to prove to myself I didn't have to change my way of life just because I was sober. I had soft drinks instead of beer. And it felt great to know I was able to do it successfully.

After a while, though, I asked myself why I was spending so much time surrounded by drinkers? What was I really getting from that? So I started doing other stuff instead. In my case making music took over. Rehearsing with a band is much more fun than watching a bunch of people get drunk.

While it's fantastic that you stayed sober in 7 parties, and I can imagine how good it feels to know you can do it if you have to, I'm wondering if it might be time to think of other things you could be doing besides going to parties where staying sober is an achievement? As Tufty says, there are risks to doing that.

Extremely inspiring. Thank you so much. I also like music. Yes, I think I must think about what you have said.
Thanks a lot buddy. :thanks

STHATHEMMAD 06-21-2017 11:53 PM

It's day 18 for me. "
I am facing some difficult circumstances. After 17 days, now I feel some disorders in my sleep. I couldn't sleep properly last two nights. And last night, I felt like I need to have a drink. "But only for few minutes.
I maged the feeling. But the problem is my sleep is getting bad.
Is there any medical related reason for this? Do others face these problems in this time period? Need help!

tufty13 06-22-2017 01:03 AM

Your body and in particular your brain is still adjusting to life without alcohol. Your brain chemistry is literally changing.

Problems sleeping is entirely normal. Changes are normal.

It doesn't last forever. Keep up the good work, you're doing brilliantly.

STHATHEMMAD 06-25-2017 09:07 PM

Its been 3 weeks so far. My body is totally free from tobacco and alcohol. I managed to stay sober in more than 15 parties in these 3 weeks. Small depression is goin inside my head. I dont know wheter this is because of been sober, or due to the problems in my work place.
If soberity makes depression in this stage, please help me to over come this situation.
thank you soo much friends.

STHATHEMMAD 07-07-2017 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by STHATHEMMAD (Post 6486043)
Hello everyone,
I don't know whether I am an addict or not. But, I want to stop consuming alcohol forever.
I started drinking about 8 years ago. Just after my school. We only had a small drink, About 1 drink with friends per month.
slowly it increased. And my best friend started drinking very frequently. He first started with drink in the weekend. But slowly it increased. So I also had drinks with him. I smoke too with him at drinks.
Then I started drinking with others slowly. specialy with university friends.
There after I had a job far away from home. We used to drink daily.
However now I am working nearby my home. But till I cant manage to get rid of alcohol. My Girl friend thinks I dont drink alcohol and no smoke. I cant cheat her anymore. I feel guilty. I want to confess to someone.
I am very dissapointed about me. I was not like this few years back.
I learnt very hard and became a university student. Those days I was very close to my religion (I am a Buddhist) . But now, very rarely I go to a temple.
Actually I am feeling guity. I wanna stop this. I hate the way I live. Seriously I hate the way I live.
I have many alcohol friends. So many of my friends know that i drink. So they allways call me for their parties. Its very hard to stay without drinking at those moments. And avoiding those functions are also very difficult.
little by litte]le, my parents get knowing things. Now they know I drink. I dont like it this way. I dont like to live this way. I wanna become a genuine man . Please Help.
Pleaase help!!!!

I posted this a month ago and now, I am completely sober for more than one month.. Feeling great and reading this post makes me feel so happy as I do not suffer any more...
I love:tyou:tyou:tyou you all!!!

Dee74 07-07-2017 03:09 AM

Congratulations STHATHEMMAD :)

D

Susiegirl 07-07-2017 03:45 AM

Congratulations on 1 month X

skipper63 07-07-2017 07:16 AM

Nice, nice work, STHATHEMMAD! You are doing very well.

Stay strong, my man!

STHATHEMMAD 07-14-2017 03:59 AM

Hello everybody!
I have successfully spent 40 days sober :) . I am really grateful to you for giving me the strength to stay sober.

Dee74 07-14-2017 04:03 AM

Congratulations STHATHEMMAD :)

D