Notices

I finally left him.

Old 06-03-2017, 10:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I finally left him.

4 years of love, dedication, patience and hope I finally left. Domestic violence was the last straw. He would accuse me for his addiction. I actually believe it. It's only been a week and I cannot stop crying. His love for meth was stronger than his love for me. He's promised recovery and rehab. But he never goes through with any of his promises. I just need some advice I know I cannot go back and I won't but how do I get through this? I cry and I get physically sick daily. My life has become unmanageable. He gambled away all of our money. I just couldn't handle it. He's put me down emotionally multiple times a day. I know I don't deserve it. By maybe I do? I just don't know.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You don't deserve to be treated this way Crystal.

I'm feeling so sick and tired myself today so have so little to offer except my deep belief that if things have degenerated to domestic violence and he is not doing anything to change you have made the right decision, even if painful.

It is not your fault!

Please keep posting here and the members of Family and Friends will have heaps of ongoing support to offer.

My love to you Crystal xxx
Old 06-03-2017, 11:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Crystal, addiction sucks. You do not. Are you safe? First priority. Next do you need to see a doctor about the DV, if injured? Also police- restraining order, locks..? A counsellor is a very good idea- there should be a DV service, hotline- centre you can tap into - via the net- or check the sticky's in SR. Addiction really is crap. Empathy and support to you.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm with the other guys. You don't deserve it.

I'm glad you're getting out and moving on Crystal - welcome to SR!

D
Old 06-03-2017, 11:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you did the right thing there's never an excuse for domestic violence
Old 06-03-2017, 11:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Crystal, I am glad you left. It is never okay for someone to put there hands on you, and if it happens once, it will happen again. I hope you are somewhere safe.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope you're OK Crystal. The fact that you haven't responded has me concerned.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

sending you love and support -- you did the right thing by leaving <3
Old 06-04-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You will get through this. The tears and emotions will subside. Its time to focus on yourself and the next best move to get your life back on track. Its never okay for someone to hit you or emotionally and mentally abuse you. You deserve to live a healthy loving life. You can do this.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Crystal89 View Post
4 years of love, dedication, patience and hope I finally left. Domestic violence was the last straw. He would accuse me for his addiction. I actually believe it. It's only been a week and I cannot stop crying. His love for meth was stronger than his love for me. He's promised recovery and rehab. But he never goes through with any of his promises. I just need some advice I know I cannot go back and I won't but how do I get through this? I cry and I get physically sick daily. My life has become unmanageable. He gambled away all of our money. I just couldn't handle it. He's put me down emotionally multiple times a day. I know I don't deserve it. By maybe I do? I just don't know.
You do NOT deserve abuse or mistreatment of any kind. I'm glad you left. You needed to get out of there. Don't doubt yourself on that now.

It's a painful truth when you come to know they love their drug and addiction more than they love you. Or they are ensnared in something that holds so much POWER over them. Very painful. I want to somehow let you know that while pain is hard to cope with, there can be pain RELIEF. And, we may not think we will ever find pain relief. You've already started to relieve your pain by coming here and reaching out; a cry for help.

Your cries are very much heard, Crystal.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You did the right thing even though it hurts. When some time passes you will begin to heal, but it will always be a scar. But you will know you did what was best because your life will be healthier. Addiction is a thief and it will steal everything it can. Be strong and take lots of deep breaths!
Old 06-06-2017, 07:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

r u ok Crystal??
Old 06-06-2017, 02:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you Crystal?

D