Notices

Day 2

Old 06-03-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2

Today is day two sober and I feel worse than day one. Not sick and no shakes just a blah feeling. Like overly stressed out and anxiety with light headed and beating in my chest. Just had a physical last week and all tests normal even liver all while drinking no less. I've probably averaged about 40 drinks a week for about 10 yrs. Talked to the Dr about quitting and he said based on the tests I had he saw no real risk of anything happening if I quit.

Isn't normal to feel worse on day two than day one? I mean that's whack. Can I have one or two to take the edge off and taper down from there? I mean is this withdrawals?
Old 06-03-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome

I think it's normal - at least for me. I know usually I was still a little buzzed on day one.

I'd resist the urge to have one or two and taper down - alcohol's what bought you to this in the first place.

If you feel really badly I recommend you see a Dr.

D
Old 06-03-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like classic withdrawal and yes, its pretty common for the second and third days to be worse.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds pretty normal.
Please don't drink. That will set you back.
Old 06-03-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome

I think it's normal - at least for me. I know usually I was still a little buzzed on day one.

I'd resist the urge to have one or two and taper down - alcohol's what bought you to this in the first place.

If you feel really badly I recommend you see a Dr.

D
Thank you. I don't feel really badly it's more like a panic attack or being stressed more than anything else. It's not like I can't get done what needs to be done it's just a nuisance. And it didn't feel this intense yesterday. It's a feeling like I am waiting for something to happen or an event to come that has me anxious. Like right before you got your report card in school or annual review at work but worse lol
Old 06-03-2017, 03:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
Sounds pretty normal.
Please don't drink. That will set you back.
I guess I just didn't expect withdrawals to happen to me. As if I am specjal
Old 06-03-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No you can't have one or two! lol... Don't prolong those first few days, they're bad enough as it is. They do pass quickly, though. For me the 2nd day was much worse than the first, some here had it continue on into their 3rd day. I found that the only way I could distract myself was watching quickly paced comedy, like Dave Chapelle's skits or something that keeps you continuously laughing. Odd as I'm a reader but during withdrawal I couldn't focus enough to read a book.

Ohhhh... that last line you wrote just put Radiohead in my head and it's stuck.

Listen to your doctor.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by starstarstar View Post
No you can't have one or two! lol... Don't prolong those first few days, they're bad enough as it is. They do pass quickly, though. For me the 2nd day was much worse than the first, some here had it continue on into their 3rd day. I found that the only way I could distract myself was watching quickly paced comedy, like Dave Chapelle's skits or something that keeps you continuously laughing. Odd as I'm a reader but during withdrawal I couldn't focus enough to read a book.

Ohhhh... that last line you wrote just put Radiohead in my head and it's stuck.

Listen to your doctor.
I wish I were special but I'm a creep.

Good song.

Made it thru day two. Day three isn't so bad but still not fun at the moment. Just waiting it out I guess and see what the future holds.

I guess I just didn't expect "me" to have withdrawals or issues when trying to stop. I can't really think of the last sober day I had before these past two. Maybe few yrs ago. There were more than just a few days where I didn't get drunk but still had drinks.

Guess I'll just tough it out.