Notices

I drank but will not let it take control this time

Old 06-02-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I drank but will not let it take control this time

I drank last night. In the past I would have continued on with the nonsense. Not this time. I'm not going to drink today. I've made a lot of positive changes with my diet and 2 1/2 days without drinking. I'm proud of myself for that. So today I pick back up on my quest for sobriety.

I'm at work now and will go home at lunch, put dinner in the crockpot and get my gym clothes. After work I will go to the gym for my appointment with the trainer. Afterwards I will go home, finish up dinner and tidy the house. The weather has forecasted storms so no outside activities. Boo!

Today is a new day. I'm going to make it count!!!
Old 06-02-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like me Sinderos. Congratulations on control now. Your post sounds like mine. Went 48 hours, had 1 beer last night and honestly didn't want any more. New day of control. I believe many on here know that the beast will come back, but having the power to just say no to yourself is the hardest thing but I believe it can be done. Happy Day to you!
Old 06-02-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're getting back on the horse Sinderos.

Please use this experience - look at what happened and make a plan so it can't happen again.

You can decide for change

D
Old 06-02-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dee, it was a stupid reason. I've been so tired so I thought why not? Then I got to thinking I've been extremely tired the last weeks, even while drinking. I'm pretty sure my B12, iron and/or vitamin D is low. I'm making an appointment today to get all levels checked.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

S- Dee has a good point, 'pride cometh...'. Good for you though- to get on with life if we learn from mistakes, not repeat them over and over is a good path to take.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Gratitude Gardener

Ask your doctor about KUDZU. I started taking it a month ago, and voila, I decided to get sober after taking it for about one week.

Kudzu Alcohol Support by planetary herbals.

Kudzu is supposed to diminish cravings considerably and put you into more control over them.

I also take super vitamin B complex, and various liver support supplements. One of those is called Himalayan Livercare, and its supposed to be damn near miraculous for healing the liver... Read reviews on amazon. People have repeatedly posted in their reviews their enzyme levels after taking Livercare for a certain period of time.

I am also taking Rhodiola Rosea, which is supposed to help with energy levels.

I bought much of my supplements last month after a lot of research into what seems to really work for quitting alcohol and dealing with cravings.

There is really good research out there on this topic. You just got to become a detective.

Good for you for coming straight back here to us, and getting back into this pronto.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Sinderos

I went through insomnia recently so I feel for you and being tired.

I had to take drinking off the table as a solution tho - because it's not a solution.

When I take that drink I also take on a huge amount of baggage, baggage that will weigh me down and stop me moving forward if I let it.

I let it for many years...but no more

I make different choices now.

Next time you feel tired, maybe make a list of other solutions besides the bottle.

That'll be the start of a recovery plan

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 06-02-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Sinderos View Post
Dee, it was a stupid reason. I've been so tired so I thought why not? Then I got to thinking I've been extremely tired the last weeks, even while drinking. I'm pretty sure my B12, iron and/or vitamin D is low. I'm making an appointment today to get all levels checked.
I agree with Dee's suggestion to make a plan Sinderos. Thinking about all the possible "reasons" you drank is really a endless cycle because the only reason we drink is that we are alcoholic. Vitamin deficiencies and fatigue don't "make" us drink. We drink because we want to escape/avoid dealing with life. That's where having a plan and a support network is critical....so we can learn to face life up front...and have others around us to help back us up.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sinderos View Post
or it could be the alcohol causing you to be tired. or maybe the ativan and alcohol.
it doesnt read like the going to the gym recovery plan alone is working.
might be time to get serious here- find a plan/program that addresses alcoholism and mental and emotiona health and not physical health alone.

ok, vitamin b12 and D are low and you adress that.
then what?
please go back and read your posts over a while now. might do ya some good to see the rationalization and insanity
one of your replies:
" Life will not get better until I get rid of the main issue."
whats the main issue?
Old 06-02-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

p.s.

what happened with the IOP from a few months ago?
Old 06-02-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I've been so tired so I thought why not?

that is a lousy excuse. tired??? go to BED! realizing you haven't been sleeping well recently? go to BED.

bottom line - you didn't totally close the door on drinking. and so.....you drank.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Whatever reason, you've committed again to sobriety, good for you! Keep it going....you can do this! Strength & Love to you!!