Notices

Did anyone have bruises all over

Old 06-03-2017, 09:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I had some unexplainable bruises, too.
Not nearly as bad as it was back in the nineties when I was testing fish oil supplements. I wasn't even drinking then! Still scary, thought I was dying of some kind of weird illness.
Old 06-03-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I woke up many times with cuts and bruises mainly on my head. Go figure. I once put my foot through a glass coffee table. Blood everywhere. I was watching a football game and didn't want to miss it so I kept wrapping towels around my foot. What an idiot. If it wasn't for my ma dropping by and insisting I go to the ER I don't know what might of happened. The good news is I didn't lose any toes and the hospital was kind enough to put the game on for me in my room. Dumb stuff man. John
Old 06-03-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh yeah. My forearms all the time...be out drinking with friends, speaking in an animated way, and bash my arms off the table (a lot harder than I noticed at the time of doing it). Wake up the next day and wonder how it happened, it didn't seem like I had hit my arms too hard. All the time for the last year and a half maybe.

A few other ones from walking into stuff too, though those were a bit less common at least.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:12 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

Yeah. And I was a blackout drinker just about every night so I couldn't tell you where they came from
Old 06-03-2017, 11:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Don't Blink

Some of them I can tell you came from fighting with my husband but the details are blurry.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I still have bruises every where and no idea where they come from. I have been taking a lot of aspirin too which I attribute that too, and I am quite bony and a MASSIVE klutz, which I attribute to PAWS and just well, me being me.
Old 06-04-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

one time after drinking cider all day, I came back inside from the cold and went to walk down the massive set of spiral stairs where I was staying and tripped on top step fell through the air and hit the concrete wall with my face, and bounced down the rest of the stairs, I don't remember as I knocked myself unconcious..I ended up with an ambulance ride to the hospital, a black/blue face for weeks and a neck injury that still plays up 9 years later..
Old 06-04-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'd had my sorts of injuries over the years due to too much alcohol, but it wasn't until the final two months before I started on my journey to quit that I started getting blackout drunk and would wake up with strange bruises and cuts.

I woke up once with a cut just above my eye and thought "holy sh**" I could have taken my eye out; and yet, kept on drinking; then another bad set of bruises until the third set where they were everywhere: arms, back, side, including a huge scratch down my side that I learned the next day must have correlated to me breaking a brass cabinet knob off a drawer as I fell.

That set of bruises, and having to look at them every single day for weeks, were what set me on the road I'm on now. I'm not totally sober yet, and even since then woke up with a rug burn on one side of my face (WTF), but for the first time I'm committing to live a sober life rather than just trying to quit drinking.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Drinking I would bruise awful. I would never be able to recall why I had so many. Now I'm 30 days in and so much better

When I was getting dressed the other day my husband says " you don't have a ton of bruises anymore". lol and also the other night I got up to use the restroom and it was dark and I slammed my shin on our elliptical machine. It throbbed like crazy as I tried to fall back asleep. The whole time I was thinking I'm gonna wake up with s giant bruise. Morning..... not a scratch.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:15 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

The morning after I would look in the mirror and see broken blood vessels on my eyelids (most likely from throwing up) and look for bruises that I could hide with clothing. Kind of hard to hide a split lip.

I don't live that way anymore and neither do you! Nowadays I look for new wrinkles or gray hair (smile). I gladly accept the wrinkles and gray hair because back then I did not expect to see old age.

Either my drinking would do me in or I would die by my own hand.
Old 06-07-2017, 10:41 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Into the Void

I had a drinking buddy who got two blacks eyes just from vomiting while we were on a work trip. Good thing our boss didn't care about afterwork antics. True story.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:05 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yes frequently, we used to call them UDI's - Unidentified Drinking Injuries.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:25 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I'm missing a massive chunk of skin from my knee after bombing a hill on my longboard and hitting a patch of gravel in the dark. It was pretty rad.