SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Had over 4 months now I have 4 days.. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/410534-had-over-4-months-now-i-have-4-days.html)

CuteNGayYay 05-31-2017 04:43 PM

Had over 4 months now I have 4 days..

Had over 4 months now I have 4 days..

For people out there still drinking..who are THINKING about stopping.. DO IT! it's SO worth it.

For people out there who stopped..but are THINKING about trying it again.. DON'T. It's HORRIBLE.

My life was going so good. I'm fighting again. You should too.

Maudcat 05-31-2017 04:55 PM

Welcome back, CuteNGay.
Just begin again.
You can do it.

Anna 05-31-2017 04:59 PM

Welcome back and I'm sorry about what happened. You know you can things back on track. We're here for you. :)

lovehoops 05-31-2017 05:34 PM

Hey cutengayguy...

I'm starting over myself...tomorrow joining June class..can't keep this up.
See you in the June class

Hevyn 05-31-2017 05:34 PM

CuteNGay - happy to see you, sorry you caved. You know we love you - stay around and let's give it another go. We know you can do this. :hug:

CuteNGayYay 05-31-2017 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Hevyn (Post 6480239)
CuteNGay - happy to see you, sorry you caved. You know we love you - stay around and let's give it another go. We know you can do this. :hug:

Hey Hevyn. Good to see u too! Im usually only in the classes but i decided to post here so other people see its not worth it. :tyou

CreativeThinker 05-31-2017 06:08 PM

Hey CuteNGay,

Glad you're back...sorry you had a weak moment, BTDT. It's great that you've come right back and started again. Learn why you caved and ensure that you have a solid plan in order to not let it happen again.

Thank you for posting and reminding all of us how easy it is to fall back into our old ways.

:tyou

fini 05-31-2017 07:27 PM

"but i decided to post here so other people see its not worth it."

if only it were that simple!
if only we learned it that way, by reading that others found it not worth it....if it worked that way, you would not be in the spot you're in.

Unfortunately, seems we not only ignore others' experiences but often even our own. don't believe it, quite. can't believe it could be so.

CNG, stick around, welcome back, see what folks are doing and finding works for them longterm and comsider doing it.

SnazzyDresser 05-31-2017 08:07 PM

Glad you're back and fighting again, bro!

CuteNGayYay 06-01-2017 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by fini (Post 6480345)
"but i decided to post here so other people see its not worth it."

if only it were that simple!
if only we learned it that way, by reading that others found it not worth it....if it worked that way, you would not be in the spot you're in.

Unfortunately, seems we not only ignore others' experiences but often even our own. don't believe it, quite. can't believe it could be so.

CNG, stick around, welcome back, see what folks are doing and finding works for them longterm and comsider doing it.

Everybody's different.

CuteNGayYay 06-01-2017 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by lovehoops (Post 6480238)
Hey cutengayguy...

I'm starting over myself...tomorrow joining June class..can't keep this up.
See you in the June class

See u there!!!:c011:

Ananda 06-01-2017 12:52 AM

I drank again many times. Each time I came back to sobriety I looked at what worked for me and what did not. I believe I have slowly put together a way to stay sober that works for me.

I glad you are back and ready to go at this again! I hope you will look at what helps you and re-establish that, and look at what didn't help, and eliminate that.

You know what you need to do so do it and relax and enjoy sobriety :grouphug:

Ina123 06-01-2017 01:07 AM

Sorry to hear you had a slip, Cute:( But way to go on coming back here and keeping up the fight!! You can do this!!
Your post will serve as a reminder for me when I'm having a weak moment!!
:grouphug:

kel08 06-01-2017 01:28 AM

its good you are back here and picking up where you left off. I had 4 months and now have 9 days, and this was by far harder than when I gave up the first time. It feels my brain changed somehow, far more cravings, far more fogginess, far more everything. Ive got to day 9 and the clouds are parting and its getting better gain, keep going, because as you say, its so NOT WORTH IT

PhoenixJ 06-01-2017 02:23 AM

:grouphug:

happyandfree 06-01-2017 05:29 AM

Glad you're back, cuteandgay
sometimes it takes a few tries before it really clicks. Get back up, dust yourself off, and stop. I'll never be different, it will always be terrible. A sober life is so much better.

Spartanman 06-01-2017 05:31 AM

Hey welcome back! I am in the early days too and afraid to relapse. I have been struggling since September 2016 but finally working a "plan" ... so optimistic that this time will be different... have you thought about what caused you to drink after 4 months? I always had "autopilot" or "screw it" moments that turned into benders. :(. Anyway let's get it right this time, I am rooting for you!

soberclover 06-01-2017 06:19 AM

Awesome to see you!

HopeandFaith1 06-01-2017 03:10 PM

Glad to see you back! Sending happy vibes and good thoughts your way. You got this! ;)

MrMcTell 06-01-2017 04:38 PM

Sorry to hear that you had a slip CuteNGay. Concentrate on the achievements you made in those 4 months and work from there!

Addiction really does suck but toss a hairflip and keep fighting! We're all rooting for you!

[Hope to see you around the January thread. Slip or no slip you are part of our team!]