Notices

Before and After Drinking (Photos)

Old 05-30-2017, 09:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Before and After Drinking (Photos)

These transformations are very inspiring.

Photographic Series Shows What Happens When You Stop Drinking | artFido's Blog
Old 05-30-2017, 09:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

They are indeed. I can remember my photo being taken at admission to rehab and even at the end of 28 days the transformation was amazing and I'm no venus de milo. Did I ever look bad
Old 05-31-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

What is unfortunate are the comments left by folks at the end of the photos. Clearly from people who don't understand...
Old 05-31-2017, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ahh yes never read the comments! The photos are inspiring. When you stop drinking your lifestyle naturally changes for the better (no more bad food decisions at 2AM, and improved sleep).
Old 05-31-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have seen this a few times and it is so true- for me, there are one or two pics from "before" that are very striking about what I looked like (not to mention felt like) vs now! Definitely one of the promises coming true that I look and feel so vibrant now.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Its much like befire and after cutting carbonhydrat in take and exercise lol. Cant see whats in there abaou allcohol they even look good in both pics just a bit fat lol.
Old 05-31-2017, 12:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No I reckon they looked better. Their eyes looked clearer. In all it's not so much about the look it's about the feel.

Thanks Seren, I didn't read the comments either. Have to go back and read.
Old 05-31-2017, 01:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Definitely the life and sparkle in the eyes
Old 06-01-2017, 10:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It is amazing how quitting the drink improves one's appearance. I looked terrible-horrible rosacea, including the ocular kind that affects the eyes-they were red and goopy constantly, my complexion was waxy, I was bloated, 40 pounds overweight and my eyes had no life in them-- they reflected the horror of my existence. Now 18 months sober my complexion is clear and healthy, my eyes are bright and I went from 165 to 118 lbs. I also re-embraced yoga and cycling. Before I had no interest and no motivation in being healthy; I actually wanted to die and wondered why it was taking so long. Everything is so much better now, and not just my physical appearance. Sobriety rocks.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I read the comments - I was moved to leave this comment:

"Lots of heartless and cruel comments here. Walk a mile in my or these peoples' shoes and then come back and criticize what you are seeing here. Let me tell you something - I used to be on the left. Overweight, puffy, sick, tired. After I quit, I did start exercising and eating better. It did lead to an overall change in my appearance. Not just because I wasn't pouring poison down my throat anymore, but because I started to care about myself again, and didn't want to die all day every day. I smile again now. I take care of myself. I have hope. So before you talk about the lighting, or clothes, or hair color, or whatever BS you want to use to explain the differences, know this. It doesn't matter what you think of me or any of these people. We like ourselves again. That's why we look different now."
Old 06-01-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
I read the comments - I was moved to leave this comment:

"Lots of heartless and cruel comments here. Walk a mile in my or these peoples' shoes and then come back and criticize what you are seeing here. Let me tell you something - I used to be on the left. Overweight, puffy, sick, tired. After I quit, I did start exercising and eating better. It did lead to an overall change in my appearance. Not just because I wasn't pouring poison down my throat anymore, but because I started to care about myself again, and didn't want to die all day every day. I smile again now. I take care of myself. I have hope. So before you talk about the lighting, or clothes, or hair color, or whatever BS you want to use to explain the differences, know this. It doesn't matter what you think of me or any of these people. We like ourselves again. That's why we look different now."
Excellent post MLD. I don't understand why people are being so rude. I think the folks in the pictures look absolutely fantastic since they sobered up. Actually made me tear up a bit. Thanks for posting this.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing this! I thought the same thing once I noticed the comments so I stopped reading them....

Great response, MLD51!
Old 06-01-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I can compare for a few years. I got my driver's license renewed 3 days before I quit drinking. I'm not bragging that I was over the limit but I was and all I have to do to remind myself of who I am and was is open my wallet. After they took the pic I said OMG!!!
Old 06-01-2017, 07:05 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well, I was forced to stop drinking, but never looked better on the outside. 120 lbs soaking wet. A year later, I'm at 160. yuck.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Actually, though I don't agree with the mean tone of the comments, most are true. The after photos are taken at better angels, people have gone on diets, etc. etc.