Notices

I am not going to drink today if it kills me.

Old 05-31-2017, 07:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gregknight View Post
Good for you to find healthy alternatives! Day two, day three, then...that's how it's done. Let your cute pups help you though it. btw, 3.75 miles in one hour is great! Good luck, my friend.
gregknight

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Before my drinking got totally out of control about five years ago I could run 6 miles in the hills in 48 minutes. I felt great. I would like to be able to achieve that again but I know nothing will be accomplished unless I stay alcohol; free.
I am 50 pounds heavier but as with drinking one day at a time.

Thanks again

asixstringnut
Old 06-01-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I am here working on day 3. I am grateful I did not drink yesterday and I am grateful I don't have to drink today.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hey, sixstring-congratulations on getting to day 3! Keep it going. I infer from your name that you're a guitarist? I play guitar but my primary instrument is bass. I recently found a coricidin bottle while cleaning up a friend's house so I've been teaching myself slide guitar. (Duane Allman used one as his slide.) Music helped me string together a lot of days. I also ride my bike and do yoga and have lost 40 pounds over the past 17 months. I wish you all the best in your sober journey.