Notices

I feel like crap

Old 05-27-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel like crap

Seriously. I'm on day 34 and I feel like crap. I'm exhausted, I ache all over, and my liver is hurting. When did you all start feeling better?? I've been eating well too. Healthy stuff. Ugh!!!!
Old 05-27-2017, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I started to feel better after 30 days MLD.
Are you doing any exercise?
I found that helped too

D
Old 05-27-2017, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh, I know that feeling. I stopped months ago but still have some off days. The days I feel great more than make up for it. Especially the mornings.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I walk and do kick boxing. I just feel so crappy right now. Everything hurts. I just want to feel like a normal person. I have a pounding headache the last two days, when I lay down my liver hurts so I have to sit up. My whole body aches like a tooth ache. I went to the Dr. and he isn't that concerned with my liver. He says I just need to change my lifestyle which I have. Just waiting for a sign from somewhere that this crap will end.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It will! With your walking and kickboxing and healthy eating you'll get there soon and your body will thank you.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by starstarstar View Post
It will! With your walking and kickboxing and healthy eating you'll get there soon and your body will thank you.
Thank you. I guess I just wish I knew when this will end. I've gotten over the struggling with not drinking part. I threw my A/V to the curb, but this sickness is so debilitating. I keep telling myself that it will all be worth it, but when?
Old 05-27-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It doesn't help that my husband at 56 has early onset Alzheimer's and I'm his caretaker and we still have two kids living at home to witness all of this. The stress I think is killing me!
Old 05-27-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

When? It doesn't matter because it will happen. For me I'd guess it was my seventh week. I spent the first two months asking the same thing but I think I was just looking for reassurance that I had made the right choice. I did.
YOU did.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by myluckyday View Post
It doesn't help that my husband at 56 has early onset Alzheimer's and I'm his caretaker and we still have two kids living at home to witness all of this. The stress I think is killing me!
I'm so sorry... my sister has early onset Alzheimer's, I know how stressful that must be on you...
Old 05-27-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZenButterfly View Post
I'm so sorry... my sister has early onset Alzheimer's, I know how stressful that must be on you...
Yes it's very stressful. My husband is one of the reasons I drank so much. I tried to numb myself and get away from it all, but it made things worse. Now I have a damaged liver. What an idiot I was. I've made things worse for everyone.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just hang in there mylucky, it took longer than I would have liked, but not feeling well sober sure beat having a hangover for me. I can only share my experience, and coming up on 11 months I feel like a new person, mentally and physically. Again, just hang in there, I hope you find that it is well worth the wait.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm still feeling pretty crap too luckyday but I DO know that I made the right decision, and you have too as starstarstar says.

Caring for your husband will be impossible if you are drinking. It will only add to the stress, and you will be so proud of yourself for choosing what you know to be the right path. It won't be easy that's for sure, but it will be right.
Old 05-27-2017, 09:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by myluckyday View Post
Sounds like you have many stresses going on right now, do you have any help? Have you considered seeing a counselor to help you deal with some of the mental stress? I know in the past when I've had a lot of stress it also affected me physically. If the doctor has cleared you of anything it might be worth a shot.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:32 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
01/28/2017

i see this a lot. i think it is pretty common. i felt great some days then terrible others. headaches, body aches and pains, fatigue, queasiness, etc, etc. i had all sorts of symptoms that would come and go. i would google them all(protip: don't google your symptoms, let your doc sort it out). even after 2 months it was up and down.

i am now at 120 days and i just realized a week or 2 ago that i am actually starting to feel consistently better and healthier. i think we all expect the good stuff too soon. the body takes time to heal, we wont feel top notch right away, and i also think the repair process itself can make us feel unwell. the liver is an amazing organ with incredible healing capabilities, but it doesn't happen right away. my doc said it will take roughly 6 months for it to recover.

hang in there. is absolutely does get better in time. if i compare the today me to the me of 3 months ago there is quite a striking improvement all around.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks jv that was very reassuring. I needed to read that, it helped.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Sounds like you have many stresses going on right now, do you have any help? Have you considered seeing a counselor to help you deal with some of the mental stress? I know in the past when I've had a lot of stress it also affected me physically. If the doctor has cleared you of anything it might be worth a shot.
Hi Delilah. Yes, I am seeing a counselor. My Dr set me up with one. Being a caregiver to a loved one with dementia is one of the worst things ever. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! My counselor does help as well as family and friends.
Old 05-28-2017, 10:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jv369 View Post
i see this a lot. i think it is pretty common. i felt great some days then terrible others. headaches, body aches and pains, fatigue, queasiness, etc, etc. i had all sorts of symptoms that would come and go. i would google them all(protip: don't google your symptoms, let your doc sort it out). even after 2 months it was up and down.

i am now at 120 days and i just realized a week or 2 ago that i am actually starting to feel consistently better and healthier. i think we all expect the good stuff too soon. the body takes time to heal, we wont feel top notch right away, and i also think the repair process itself can make us feel unwell. the liver is an amazing organ with incredible healing capabilities, but it doesn't happen right away. my doc said it will take roughly 6 months for it to recover.

hang in there. is absolutely does get better in time. if i compare the today me to the me of 3 months ago there is quite a striking improvement all around.
Thank you jv! That is just what I needed to hear. Very reassuring!
Old 05-29-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hugs, mylucky. .
Old 05-29-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

What is the extent of your damaged liver? The liver is an amazing organ but it takes some time for it to get better from the abuse we put it through. It will take some time for your body to settle down and adjust to the new sober you.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

"I walk and do kick boxing."

Any chance you might be over-doing it?