Notices

40 days & hosted a BBQ

Old 05-26-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

40 days & hosted a BBQ

Everyone had a great time! They were quite slurry and stumbly when they left and I feel all grown up and sensible, no regrets or hangover in the morning I haven't had to argue with any AV at all this time round as my last drinking experience was such a massive wake-up call that there absolutely cannot be a next time, full stop, I would have had 70-odd days if I hadn't gave into peer pressure for 2 day binge which resulted in the same shame that prompted me to stop to start with... my family are not asking as much now, I hope one day they don't ask at all - I'm happy to be "the sober one" - I'm not gonna lie, sometimes I feel a bit flat, but it beats being drunk and a danger to myself, I never have to worry about being a horrible drunk again, it's enough to keep me going . This forum is fantastic. Hope everyone is good!
Old 05-26-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Whatever it takes - just for today.

Hi makeover
Great work! It feels really good to be able to be with friends and family and not have to fear losing our sobriety.
It sounds lije you are doing great!
Old 05-26-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go Makeover!

The first time I entertained after I stopped drinking was a bit scary for me. I think the anticipation of not being able to drink freaked me out more than the actual event. I really enjoyed the evening, conversations were interesting, dinner was on time and the food was delicious.

Your BBQ sounds like it was a bit more difficult than my dinner due to people drinking and becoming buzzed. I was lucky because my husband and our guest didn't drink. Kudos to you!

Glad you're doing so well! Congrats!
Old 05-26-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you guys
Old 05-26-2017, 03:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 40 days makeover

D
Old 05-26-2017, 03:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

Congrats makeover - way to build thise sober muscles! Next time wont be nearly as scary. I have to ask - did you supply the alcohol or was it up front BYOB on the invite? I am having a party soon and have not decided how to handle that part of the invite.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee and Vini.. My husband was having beers so there were some here plus lots of soft drinks (my stash lol) but everyone else brang their own drinks, a lot easier that way! Good luck on your gathering!