Notices

I tried

Old 05-26-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I tried

I posted here about how today was so difficult today

I've noticed that when I post, no one really chats after. I try engaging here and no one chats

I came home and drank after posting at least 2 hrs before that I was feeling bad. I feel so alone, it's soul destroying. No one cares.
Old 05-26-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Here are your threads...I don't see where no one responded?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...archid=7743595

The fewest posts any of them has is five. Several have more. Maybe you only thought you posted?

We're going into a holiday weekend and weekends are always slower here, anyway.

Even if in fact no one had responded, you realize that's no reason to relapse, right?

Dump the rest of the booze. You've already got a case of the Booze Blues, no need to make it worse, yes?
Old 05-26-2017, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry that happened, Z. Kind of late tobe asking, but what has you down?
Old 05-26-2017, 02:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Its same here. I didnt drink yet but feeling wery depressed. Actually no one care each other. Its worst part all of us alone in fight actually..
Old 05-26-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Gratitude Gardener

Hey Zombie... I really understand your vulnerability right now, and I am so sorry you felt you were neglected.

I posted my ONE WEEK sobriety post today and ...LOL... No one responded or seemed to care for literally HOURS. It always stings, and I think ESPECIALLY SO for us newly sober peeps. We desperately need help, reassurance, some love and just plain old solid support.
When we feel we arent being responded to, its really rough. We are so terribly delicate at this time.

When I first joined I didnt even KNOW anyone responded to my call for help post until the next day when I figured out the site better. I thought "What a crap support site, not one person has responded while i am over here feeling suicidal". ....LOL... But then I figured it out and clicked on my thread and saw like 20 replies.
So please be sure you are thoroughly investigating your own posts throughout the hours or days... You may have responses and not realize it.

I will keep an eye out for you. Promise.

Please take Ariesagain's advice.

Stay with us. <3

And... GOOD FOR YOU FOR BEING A SQUEAKY WHEEL. I dearly hope that next time, you SQUEAK before you pick up a bottle.

Keep being one. You need to do that to get the help you need. I do at least.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I found your post about not sleeping, Z, and I notice at the end of it you mentioned your av was strong. Was that what you meant when you said you were struggling?
I think Fridays are tough for us drinkers . There's a kind of woo hoo, it's the weekend, let's celebrate vibe.
And payday, well, double it.
All I can tell you is that it's early days, and you are going to struggle.
You will want to change up the way you approach almost everything .
But that discussion is for another day.
You are drinking now. Read this post tomorrow, and get back on the sober bus.
Peace.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Sometimes I read thru new posts without responding because I am seeing how things evolve. I don't neglect anyone intentionally. I might not know what to say at that moment. I pray on things so I can respond with something that can help and not be shallow about serious matters. Please give SR a chance. Thanks
Old 05-26-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

You had 11 responses from your thread about The Hardest Day Yet and 14 responses on your other thread. Are you sure you're checking the right place because I don't see how you could miss all the responses?

I'm sorry you made the choice to drink. We do care, clearly you have gotten a lot of support here. If you are having trouble finding the responses, let me know and I will try to help.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Zombie we are all here for you, please know there are always people on this site that support you to stay sober. I'm sorry you feel that way, we know what it feels like to hurt. Read all the responses and know you have the whole community at your back. You thought you were alone but I hope you see all the posts now and feel you are never alone.
Old 05-26-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you feel like no one cares Zombie. I care and I think everyone else here does too. I'm sorry if I missed your earlier post. I remember replying to your tiredness one but don't remember seeing the other one.

I understand how low you feel when you think no one cares. When you wake tomorrow, hopefully you will read these messages and see that lots of people do xx
Old 05-26-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Zombie,

You don't need to continue to derail your progress. Pour it out and start over...you will be glad you did in the morning. Don't let your AV win!

Weekends are the hardest in the beginning. The more you move through them without drinking, the easier it gets.

Big hugs to you and anyone else who is struggling...we all know how hard it is!

Old 05-26-2017, 03:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Zombie. I know exactly how you feel right now. I've been going through the "No one cares," thought process for months now. The only thing it does is triggers me to drink again. I'm 40, divorced, single, no kids. Most of my friends and family don't have time for me because they do have families.

So, what brought me out of it? Realizing that people do care. Do you go to any support groups? Do you go to church? Do you at least have some support buddies? That's what I have right now. Around 4 friends who I can call at anytime to talk. They also check on me to make sure I'm doing okay. One thing I have learned is the more you give in a friendship, the more that is returned to you. I think I drove a lot of people away with my drinking and negativity.

I am honestly back on day 1. I do know how to handle this better this time!
Old 05-26-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll come back and read this thread Zombie.
People really do care

Same to you Chaplain.

D
Old 05-27-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How are you doing today, Z?
Old 05-27-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah whats happening Z?

D
Old 05-27-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

In relation to the need for a higher power in aa, my sponsor explained that people have feet of clay. They will always let you down at some stage. Not answer the phone, not be home, say the wrong thing, or die on you. Or not respond to a post. Dependence on what others do or say or don't do or say is a guarantee you will be let down some time.

I bought the higher power concept and as a result have never been let down. My hp is 100 % reliable, and that has resulted in a great deal of independence for me.

Just an observation, which may be right or wrong, but it seems to me action on this site slows down on the weekends. It gets quieter. I didn't used to do much AA stuff on the weekends because I was always away sailing or working on my boat. But many people here seem to struggle to find interests like that, so I don't know what they do on the weekends when they are not posting here.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:47 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey, Z. How is it going?
Old 05-28-2017, 08:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Zombie,
Hi Zombie,

I'm sorry you decided to drink, I hope you will get rid of what you have and check back in.

Just read through this thread, and you have lots of responses from people on here who do care,

If you log in you may want to also try posting in the 24 hournthread and Weekenders, both are pretty fast moving, and you'll get support and responses fairly quickly, you can also offer support to others.

Chat is another function availanle, I've not used it, it many do.

Also, look around your area for face to face support, there are many different options.

Delilah
Old 05-28-2017, 08:08 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Read your thread and hope you are doing well.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:10 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

zombie, i see that your "hard day" post was posted to another person's thread - and there were replies. people DO care. WE care. none of your posts have gone unnoticed or ignored.

i hope today is a fresh start for you. no more misery.