Notices

comitted forever

Old 05-26-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

comitted forever

Hi,
i am i wife of 32 years, a mother of 5 and grandmother of 4.
still raising 2 children in home. been on this roller coaster forever.....cause i love him, cause the kids, cause of God, cause we own a business together, cause i am an enabler. mostly my story is we were married had kids....things got ugly after 1st with his drinking, he went to AA sobered up for 10 years then started drinking behind my back. for the next 19 years. hes not violent but what a waste. hes passed out most nights drinking before he gets home in his work truck??? drinkin right from the bottle. mostly i feel betrayed, cant trust him, hes a liar, taken from me all love and compassion....chosen his lover., and besides the addiction in the last 10 years he has become an avid runner. he meets every morning at 6 am to run with group. (some are woman which really bothers me, and tares at my heart). this to me is so outrageous....cant believe he can get stinkin drunk and then get up and run next morning...ive seen it over and over.

i can only say we been thru it all. newest development was whole family sat him down told him we were not going to tolerate it., get help, daughter even said not goin to let you hold he new baby. he was better for a while and now back to it.. i find empties all over. at this time i told him i was not going to enable him anymore. BUT HERE I SIT. CANT SEEM TO BUDGE.

Wish someone would come pluck me out!!!
Old 05-26-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are done, keys.
Welcome to SR.
This is a supportive site. Keep posting, listening, reading. Lots of good info.
Many stories just like yours. Some people stay in the marriage/relationship. Others don't.
You know now that you can't change another's behavior, but you can change your own.
Been to Al-Anon yet?
Old 05-26-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yes did that years ago and councling at same time.....helped but then again im still here doin the same thing....i dont know....
Old 05-26-2017, 04:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Keys

Have you considered going to AlAnon at all?

You'll not only find great support but you might get some advice about how to 'pluck' yourself out of the situation?

D