Notices

Rigorous Honesty

Old 05-25-2017, 08:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rigorous Honesty

Hey there SR it's been awhile so i thought i'd check in. I've been pretty good overall just continuing to work at my sobriety and taking care of myself. Sitting at 102 days today. I'm proud of myself eventhough i know it's one day at a time. I have a few stressors in my life but i've been continuing to use my tools to get through the rough seas.
I recently had a benefit claim from my health insurance reject my ER visit from my last relapse which is going to cost me upwards of 5K. I'm not happy but maybe this is a blessing in disguise. I'm only at step 4 but my sponsor says it would probably be a good idea to begin making amends with my creditors. The better part of 20 years of drinking and i was able to rack up a good chunk of debt. Not a herrendous amount but enough that i get collection calls. Anyway, i've got to deal with soon because i can't continue my old habits and expect to stay sober.
I also have to eventually be honest with my girlfriend about my alcoholism. We've talked about addiction but i haven't told her i'm an alcoholic. I'm afraid she's going to run for the hills although deep down for some reason i don't think she will. Anyway i'm rambling. Thanks for listening! I hope everyone has a sober and blessed day!
Garrison
Old 05-25-2017, 08:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It may be worth appealing the rejection of benefits?

I just had my insurance company deny coverage on an annual physical...only the doctor's exam...because "out of network". However, they paid for the labs and all the tests run on the same day for the same appointment in the same building. So heck yes, I'm appealing it. You can probably do the appeal online.

Best wishes and success to you...
Old 05-25-2017, 09:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

102 is awesome! About the gf....has she not questioned your not drinking? When I was dating sober,that always came up around date 2-3. Of course I never said "i'm an alcoholic"...Just the usual "I don't drink".
Old 05-25-2017, 09:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

some good suggestions here comtnman
'grats on 102 days

D
Old 05-26-2017, 06:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for all of the good suggestions! I think the reason i like this girl is that we have similar stories. She's mentioned that she has had problems with drugs in the past but is very stable now. She's an ESL teacher for an elementary school. and owns her own home. I've mentioned to her that i have addiction in my family so i think she already has an idea that i am also a recovering addict since i don't drink. I think when i do tell her that i attend AA i have a feeling she'll be supportive. Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 05-26-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job on getting into the hundreds! Great feeling.

Re the debt/med bills....I found that it was a little tough but getting up the courage to call each of mine and tell them I was in recovery, had some years of problems, bad decisions and alcoholic drinking and ask for options of payment plans REALLY helped me move forward in tangible recovery. I felt so much better after I set up payments I can handle- some for labs are as little as $10/mo - all were negotiable with no interest.

Just my experience- hope you get things straight in that area soon. I bet you'll feel better too!
Old 05-26-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 102 days of sobriety!
Old 05-26-2017, 07:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

102 Days is great! Congrats!
Old 05-26-2017, 07:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 102 days!