Notices

Reading the Friends and Family Forum as an alkie

Old 05-25-2017, 02:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reading the Friends and Family Forum as an alkie

I am on day 3 and my plan is going well, I am looking forward to not drinking again tonight or ever again.

Hadn't ever read the Friends and Family Forum of this website until today ... Wow. Very good, humbling, intense experience to read the threads of people affected by what we do as alcoholics. I will keep that in my arsenal going forward. It's like seeing myself from the outside, the negative impact I have had due to my drinking, written in the words of other people dealing with loved ones just like myself ...

I know intellectually that I have been "that guy", but reading the disappointment, frustration and anger from others in black and white was really a jolt and very welcome. I am not going to do that to my family anymore, no matter what ... what a relief that is.
Old 05-25-2017, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Reading in the the Friends & Family forum continues to be an eye-opening experience for me.

It's contributors are some of the strongest people I have encountered here at SR.

God bless them and may their alcoholics and addicts find true and sustained recovery.