Notices

Woohoo, Reached first milestone

Old 05-23-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

It's an interesting concept. I knew my thoughts were my AV, but I didnt realize that my subconscious AV thoughts were being affected by what others write AS WARNINGS,
Old 05-23-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your milestone STP

D
Old 05-23-2017, 07:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I don't want to hijack your thread but you have made me want to ask a question about NA beer so I am going to start a new thread. Maybe pop over and read it in a minute?
Old 05-24-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
quat

"AS WARNINGS" against what? The warnings themselves, well intention ed as they may be, are reflections of the idea that a BP isn't really what you mean it to be.
"If you do x,y,z " or "If you fail to do x,y,z ..ect" you are doomed to falling prey to the AV, the presence of the desire for alcohol is such a powerful force that IT can't be dismissed , unless you do.. or if you fail to do.. that in essence is AV.
The way to not put alcohol down your throat , is to not put alcohol down your throat.
Is it not possible to make the conscious decision to never drink again ? If you believe it is possible to make such a commitment, what slippery slopes need you fear? I'd suggest the idea that the decision can somehow be secretly eroded, without your awareness , is AV.
Feel free to arbitrarily set your confidence level in being 'able' to remain permanently abstinent at 100%, by not pouring alcohol down your throat.
Anything that says differently is AV, our own or others'.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I like to drink different things:
Sparkling water with home grown mint. Its nice to go outside, pick some mint and throw it in a glass.
Power- Paks by Trace Mineral Research. Think Emergen-C but with trace minerals. More hydration.
Regular water.
Coffee
Lemon Water. Lime Water
New York Seltzers
Apple juice. Watered down
Lemonade

Im starting my yearly juicing this morning. I may do that for a few weeks.

Its good that you are sober and you are enjoying your sobriety. This is the most important.

Keep moving forward.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Dw, i said as warnings because that's how others write it. I never did feel NA beer would make me drink again.

I don't quite get the nuances of what or why you're grilling me (it's ok that you are, i feel it's like a mentor would), but I've decided to give up the NA drinks.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:58 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
quat

More like a discussion among peers in a public forum , I'm always open to be called on anything that sounds like bovine excrement .
Old 05-24-2017, 09:43 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Old 05-24-2017, 09:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Well done, Shitzpuppy!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2017, 01:57 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

UPDATE

Good morning, I haven't posted over here in a while, so I thought I'd give an update--
Today marks 8 weeks sober for me!

Once I made the mental decisions to stop, it's been more or less "easy". My wife keeps telling me how proud and happy she is. If my AV starts talking, we both tell it no. Thankfully, I didn't have any physical withdrawal symptoms. So that made it easier for me. I just had to screw my head on right.
Thanks SR! I come here and read stories and stay motivated everyday. I wish I could tell newbies just how good it feels. Stick with it, ride it out.
It's worth it!

Originally Posted by Shitzupuppy View Post
Woke up and was mentally exhausted from the daily drinking. The lies to my spouse, shame, lying to myself, broken promises, being hungover, dark circles under my eyes, bloated, worrying about my health. Hiding from neighbors. Being an angry person when i drank.

I wasn't enjoying the drinking. I just was on autopilot everyday.

tired of it all.

Googled "what to do for fun without drinking" 4 weeks and 2 days ago. Found out about this site and RR/AVRT. 4 weeks ago, I began this stage of my life. (April 25, 2017)

Both sites have changed my life. I was in the right mental space, and the thought of telling my Addictive Voice "no" and having a site to learn and participate rang true with me.

I have had non-alcoholic beer three times, I think, when out. I know it could cause relapse, and will keep that in mind. I suppose I will taper it off but right now, I drink cranberry/sparkling water all day. So if I go out, I like to have something different. Maybe I will start drinking diet soda. (Yuk).

Thank you all for being part of my recovery. It has been really nice to be part of this site.

I look better, feel better, feel happy and confident. My spouse is happy and proud of me. Have had lots of fun. Don't feel like I'm missing the fun in life. Told 1 friend the truth. Everyone else thinks we're dieting.

It is the best decision I've made in a long time.

Thank you all. I will keep updating this post over time.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:45 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your milestone

D
Old 06-20-2017, 02:49 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Fantastic on 8 weeks
Old 06-20-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Old 06-20-2017, 08:31 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
under new management

Originally Posted by Shitzupuppy View Post
I come here and read stories and stay motivated everyday. I wish I could tell newbies just how good it feels. Stick with it, ride it out.
It's worth it!
You just did tell newbies how good it feels

Fantastic update, keep posting your good news!

Old 06-20-2017, 08:35 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing so well.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

puppy!!!!

Very pleased for you.
Old 06-20-2017, 08:54 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 4 weeks Shitzupuppy!

At first the calories you don't consume by not drinking are replaced with things like like cakes, cookies etc but they tail of and with the extra energy you get from not drinking you will burn off some extra calories so fingers crossed that will happen.