Notices

Here goes everything!

Old 05-21-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Here goes everything!

I am new to this and usually not a big fan about sharing anything about my private life. But after over 20 years of living in denial, I have reached my breaking point and need to seek out some inner peace.

My husband is an alcoholic and has been up and down with how much he drinks for a long time. I married him because I loved him and have spent the better part of the last 22 years doing damage control when it came to our children (who are now adults). I blame myself for letting it get this far. He admits that his has a problem and finds humor in it like it's nothing

After every drunken tirade, I would threaten to leave if he didn't stop and he would for about 2-3 weeks and then little by little it would start again. Even after an intervention between my oldest, me and him, after a few weeks he would start drinking again.

The drunken tirades have lessened, but the problem is still there, and he thinks that I cannot smell the beer on his breathe.

Any advice or comments are welcome.
Old 05-21-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome to SR, MeMyself!

If you find the Family and Friends section on here, you'll probably find that you are far from alone in this along with a lot of information and support to help you.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ly-alcoholics/
Old 05-22-2017, 09:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR MeMyselfandI,

I'm really sorry for what brings you here but I now you'll find support and understanding here

Have you tried something like AlAnon for yourself?
D