Notices

Day 26 and moving right along..

Old 05-19-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 26 and moving right along..

It's been 26 days since my last drink.

I still feel really good. Got a few events coming up this weekend that would normally be big drinking occasions for me. Tomorrow will be a wedding reception at a restaurant on Long Island with, I'm sure, open bar. Then we're driving to Citifield for a Met's game. Sunday we're lunching with a few of our friends, all of which are drinkers.. not drinkers like me, but more often than not when we hang out we're all drinking.

Going out to places where I'm around booze and friends or family that are drinkers really doesn't bother me.. like at all. Most of the time I would binge drink while at home and sitting on the sofa. Exciting, right?

Last night I dreamed I was on a bus and heading to the vacation home that my group of friends and I have rented for next weekend (Memorial Day.) One minute I was on the bus, the next minute I was waking up from a blackout. There were three people there that I've never met before and I asked them what happened and if I drank.. They said I did and I was adamant in saying that I did not drink.. that someone must have drugged me or something. My BF was there and we got into a fight. I tried to convince him that I did not drink, but we ended up breaking up. My dreams are so vivid sometimes..

Anyway - I hope you're all doing well and living that sober life!
Old 05-19-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

have some recovery plans together for the weekend - just in case you need them
have a good one

D
Old 05-19-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 26 Nikki. Glad you're doing well.

I agree with Dee...make sure you have a plan for the weekend outings. While you may not have any urges...sometimes they hit when you least expect it.

Have a great weekend!