Notices

A quick general apology

Old 05-17-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A quick general apology

I have to say I'm sorry for the way I was behaving to a few of you last evening.. because I was drinking and being very defensive about it. No one deserves that, especially when they are sincerely trying to help one another.

Today was interesting, and not all bad, and definitely gave me some motivation to work on trying to be better, little by little.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Are you drinking today?
Old 05-17-2017, 12:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Make today Day 1. Look forward, not back. I'm glad you're here with us.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am not drinking right now. And I'm really drained, because I had an intense day and I wish I had treated myself right the previous night because it would have been a far more enjoyable day.. It's moments when I feel like this, that I have no more energy to expend, that I want to numb myself and hit the off switch on my brain. There were moments today that I felt joy, something I have not felt in a long time.. I am seeing a glimpse of a brighter future for myself that is full of that joy and I am stuck in this fear of ruining the chances of that happening.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Great! Can you do something soothing for yourself? A bath or even just close your eyes for 15 minutes. See yourself in that brighter future. It's yours to take!
Old 05-17-2017, 01:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shitzupuppy View Post
Great! Can you do something soothing for yourself? A bath or even just close your eyes for 15 minutes. See yourself in that brighter future. It's yours to take!
It's a little hot but I'm gonna go take a walk and I'm sure a shower will be in order... I want to do two small loads of laundry and sweep and swiffer the kitchen... help parents get the pool cover off when they get back from the commissary... we'll see after that.. I really only need to get through to 9pm tonight, when state stores close.

I so wanted another cup of coffee, but I just know it would make me twice as edgy and more liable to run out and seek something to suppress my nervous system, taxing it even more. My poor heart, I'm not even joking, I feel sure I've done damage to it.

Breathing in..... breathing out.....
Old 05-17-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I'm really glad you are feeling better BC, it's great that you can see a brighter future for youself too.

It takes courage to write an OP like yours.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cool.

Just remember; apologies are easy.

The really good stuff is character change.

Nobody here really needs an apology. We've made so many of them ourselves we've become numb to them.

What would be really impressive and wonderful would be to watch you embrace sobriety and grow a beautiful life.

No apology necessary....

(PS - You Totally Can)
Old 05-17-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Brenda, agree with Free Owl. We've all been there.
Coming clean is always good. At least you can see where you were at and admit the problems.
I think forgiving yourself and being kind to yourself is more important than apologizing?

What's done yesterday is done, what do you think you can do moving forward to take care of yourself and stay on the right path?
Old 05-17-2017, 02:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I was talking in circles and barely making sense, really. And you can see it clearly when you sober up.. and I would be more embarrassed if I didn't apologize, if I just went along as if nothing had happened and I did nothing wrong.

I do need to expand my support system, and it needs to include face to face accountability. It's so easy for me to act wrong and deny realities when I do not have to look at the people I'm talking to or who are trying to talk to me.

Walk was short because it IS hot and I have not been active lately! I got me some soda pop, the gratuitously sugary kind. A&W root beer (heaven in a bottle) and Cherikee Red just because. But I'm disappointed, this red stuff doesn't taste near as good as I remember it from childhood.

I think the sugar is helping with the symptoms though. Heart stopped thudding.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I forgive myself, Del, but it is important to me that I apologize for disrespecting good people.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Strengthen your plan and resolve, I'm glad you are here. What seems impossible, is possible here. Blessings!
Old 05-17-2017, 09:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post, and I'm glad you know better. Don't ever drink again.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hugs to you BC. It is difficult to break the cycle of fear and take the emotional risk of letting people in and building those important networks of support. But it's worth it when we do.

Here's hoping you'll stay sober and add those important things to your recovery toolkit. Love and prayers coming to you from the rainy Isle of the Eels.

Xxx