Notices

Day three

Old 05-16-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day three

Managed to get home without going to a bar or store once again. Feel better than yesterday too, which is nice. Can't wait to get to day four. My mood is much better than it was yesterday, though I still feel a little uneven. I get really emotional when I stop drinking, like my mood fluctuates a lot and sometimes I feel like I am going through tons of emotional torture and for no reason. I had the voice at work that said: "hey! Eff it! Go get a beer!" And I quickly said "no" to it and tried to think of something else. I feel like this path is rocky, but I already feel some small reward from just day three- which is like- I seem to be letting go of bad thoughts quicker than yesterday. Sometimes when I am drunk I just linger on past resentments/bad memories, and I will need to continue to work on that, but seems like I have been doing a fairly good job battling those thoughts today.
Old 05-16-2017, 03:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job on today! Build on that! It gets easier the longer you go!
Old 05-16-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aaron1980 View Post
Managed to get home without going to a bar or store once again. Feel better than yesterday too, which is nice. Can't wait to get to day four. My mood is much better than it was yesterday, though I still feel a little uneven. I get really emotional when I stop drinking, like my mood fluctuates a lot and sometimes I feel like I am going through tons of emotional torture and for no reason. I had the voice at work that said: "hey! Eff it! Go get a beer!" And I quickly said "no" to it and tried to think of something else. I feel like this path is rocky, but I already feel some small reward from just day three- which is like- I seem to be letting go of bad thoughts quicker than yesterday. Sometimes when I am drunk I just linger on past resentments/bad memories, and I will need to continue to work on that, but seems like I have been doing a fairly good job battling those thoughts today.
Hi Aaron - great job getting to Day 3. I know exactly what you mean about getting emotional when the drink isn't there to dull things down. I think that people who drink are often very sensitive and intelligent souls who have a tough time dealing with what can be a tough world (that's why they drink!) (that's why I drink!!) Which means you are doing a very brilliant thing.! Hope you can stick with it. Will be interested to see how you get on.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Well done on day 3