Notices

Day 10

Old 05-16-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Tuf, you will never know how much you helped me in the first few hours of sobriety.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

scoregood
Old 05-16-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Great job Weev! I started my journey only 1 day ahead of you, so we are on almost the same schedule. Yesterday was a bad day for me as well. Everyone keeps saying that it gets better. All we can do is believe them. Keep your head up and stay sober. The rest will take care of itself. Don't let the negativity of jealousy rob you of the happiness you deserve. Lets just give the next 24 all we have!
Old 05-16-2017, 01:46 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Hey Sober! I like you're one day ahead. I can read your posts and know what I'm in for Good meeting tonight, lots of people in early days of sobriety and somehow it makes you stronger, a little team. Glad you're here. Weev
p.s. (You got rain?)
Old 05-16-2017, 02:30 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Congratulations keep going. I'm just behind you at day 8 (end of day 8 as 22.30 UK ) ☺
Old 05-16-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Hey Pinky! Another one for the team. Stick with it x
Old 05-16-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats to all you guys

D
Old 05-16-2017, 11:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Keep Going

So part of my recovery plan, Weev's design for living sober, apart from meetings sponsor and you lot: get up immediately I wake up. Otherwise, I just lay there for ages in self-pity. This morning I didn't. There is a big black cloud over England this morning.
I suspect I'm a complete addict. I quit smoking cigs or e-cigs and stuck a patch on. It's bright red there this morning. I probably have an allergy to nicotine. Made me think: I will go for the quick fix the moment I have an uncomfortable emotion. Even loud dance music can do it. What I've got to find is something that will give me peace of mind and accept it will take longer to get level.
I can't express that very well but I hope someone understands.
Also the only clean clothes in this house is my Xmas sweater. Which I'm wearing. I look like an idiot but I'm not cold.
Today I am going to sort out washing machine /drains.
Old 05-17-2017, 01:29 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Oh today's got off to a really bad start and I can feel it going downhill. I'm not sleeping enough, I feel hungover, I'm sweating a bit, my hands have got a slight tremor and it feels like an echo of withdrawal. Can't lift my mood. No one's around here, sponsor out, no meeting til tonight, god's definitely not there. First time I've seriously considered going back to the numbing old drink. Feels like oh well had a go but drinking a inevitable. Sadly.
How do I turn my mood around?
Old 05-17-2017, 01:45 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Take it one minute at a time if necessary. Drinking is not inevitable, that's your AV talking. Read threads on here, go for a walk, have a bath, do whatever you have to do to get you through. These feelings will pass. Stay strong
Old 05-17-2017, 02:07 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Take it one minute at a time if necessary. Drinking is not inevitable, that's your AV talking. Read threads on here, go for a walk, have a bath, do whatever you have to do to get you through. These feelings will pass. Stay strong
I guess I can't just do recovery when I'm happy can I? I'm sitting here crying in a car park in the bloody rain. I swear we get a special and different kind of miserable rain in Britain - even the Romans couldn't wait to leave!
Hope you're okay. It's day 12 for me and I don't want to lose it so badly. It's nowhere near as bad as day 1.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:14 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Yep, it's a beautiful day in the UK today isn't it?? What makes me laugh is we'll probably still have a hose pipe ban in a few weeks!! I've sat in my car and cried loads of time. I think it's part of the territory of early recovery. But you know what, sitting in the car crying is better than drinking. If you need to cry, you're letting go of emotions that have been numbed and locked away by booze for a long time. Try to think of it as a good sign. Stay strong. The sun will come out again. Thinking of you
Old 05-17-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Keep Going

What you said is bang on the money Kent. I keep saying to myself I am sober this second and find it a relief. I guess I can do a second no probs. Anxiety has sat like a stone on my chest most of the day.
A million blessings for my sponsor who has talked to me three times already and is seeing me at meeting in a couple of hours. I can just understand stuff she says to me, stuff that I never understood.
I hope your day was peaceful and productive. You stay strong too
Old 05-17-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

You're doing really well! How about some happy music to lift the mood? Go for a walk, go to a park and pet a happy dog?
Old 05-17-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by Shitzupuppy View Post
You're doing really well! How about some happy music to lift the mood? Go for a walk, go to a park and pet a happy dog?
Thanks Shitzu, there's some sort of salsa music on the radio and it's impossible to resist dancing to it. The anxiety is lifting the closer it gets to leaving for the meeting. I think I might be getting dependent on these meetings. I've not spent an evening at home since I got sober.

p.s. Is that your dog? All the dogs on this site look so loving and clever. I passed out drunk under a tree one time in the middle of nowhere and came round to find my dog sitting by me, alert and guarding me.
Expect they're glad to have us back. Hope you're staying strong. x
Old 05-17-2017, 10:24 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Dane away, Weev, and don't forget to breathe

Baby steps; one moment to the next!!!!
Old 05-17-2017, 10:24 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Yup, that's my dog. She is happy we're playing with her after dinner instead of being a zombie with a glass in our hands. Anytime we go for a walk,she has her tail up and wagging. Makes me feel good no matter what my mood!

Sounds like your dog is a good dog too. I stopped myself from saying earlier because not everyone can relate to dog owners but I was going to say when you're out walking, tell a dog owner how cute their dog is or well behaved. Most will smile back the happiest smile you've ever seen. Hard to stay in a bad mood then. Some people will actually stop and chat with you. I like that.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:30 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Keep Going

I think chatting to dog owners should be on my recovery plan. They're pretty much all nice and I get to practise normal social conversation without too much pressure. Give him a pat from me.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:34 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Dane away, Weev, and don't forget to breathe

Baby steps; one moment to the next!!!!
A Great Dane!

Also, thank you for friending me in those first few hours of sobriety. It was a shock because no-one wanted to know me by then. I think you are amazing.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:12 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hi Weev- Hope you're feeling better now.

I felt a lot like you're feeling at 12 days in. For some reason I thought I was through the worst part of the withdrawals but I wasn't sleeping well, waking up feeling like I had a hangover and wondering if it was worth it. My AV was screaming!

What helps me is to get outside...I know it's raining there but who says we can't go outside in the rain? A while back, I was feeling like s*** and I knew I'd feel better if I worked out...but it was raining. Instead of sitting inside and stewing about it, I put my rain slicker on and went out into the storm. It was one of the best workouts I've ever had. When I returned home, I was clear headed, proud of myself for not giving in and my attitude had completely switched from negative to positive and productive.

Stay the course...you will move past this period of change. You're doing great!