Notices

Day 9

Old 05-14-2017, 11:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Day 9

Hello all, checking in almost at the end of Day 9. Had very little sleep last two nights. Sitting here like a zombie. Emotions all rumbling around in a big ball. Numb.
Trouble is, now I'm clearer, I am getting aware of my behaviour and today's thing about Weev that needs fixing is relationships. I'm just not right.
I criticised this person who just kept commenting on other people's appearance today, told them I didn't want to live like that, called it childish, and bought down the sky on my head.
Feel like I'm acting drunk when I'm sober. And all the time I know a drink would fix it, even if just for a little peace.
Old 05-14-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First, a big congratulations on day 9! One week is quickly going to be two weeks. Right now, your mind in body are both a mess. Try not to say much or do much except relax, (I know, right?), but try, and de-stress anyway you can. It's going to take awhile yet for your anxiety to start to subside and everything is going to seem jumbled for now. It will get better, before you know it!
Old 05-14-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So proud of you, Weev; nine days is true progress.

Early times are tough; take them slow and easy.

Breathe and breathe again.

Nice slow baby steps.

This time will pass.

It does and will get easier.

Stay the course.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Weev,

I am on day 14 (for the hundredth time) and my addictive voice has tried to get me to drink. The AV promises "a little peace" from our feelings and discomforts, this is of coarse a mirage.

Remember how you felt on Day 1.....sick, anxious, scared, alone, worried.

These crappy feelings will pass, all we can do is ride the storm. I am also having trouble sleeping at night, so I nap whenever I can. Things aren't perfect today, just be thankful it's day 9!! Keep moving forward, I'm right there with ya!!

Tell that AV "too bad",I'm never going back
Old 05-14-2017, 12:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you posted- great job on day 9. It can be tough to be around people at all, in the beginning, especially when something rubs us the wrong way. And lots rubbed me the wrong way at first!

Take care of yourself. Keep going.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Weev1l View Post
Hello all, checking in almost at the end of Day 9. Had very little sleep last two nights. Sitting here like a zombie. Emotions all rumbling around in a big ball. Numb.
Trouble is, now I'm clearer, I am getting aware of my behaviour and today's thing about Weev that needs fixing is relationships. I'm just not right.
I criticised this person who just kept commenting on other people's appearance today, told them I didn't want to live like that, called it childish, and bought down the sky on my head.
Feel like I'm acting drunk when I'm sober. And all the time I know a drink would fix it, even if just for a little peace.

imma gonna change a sentence which i hope ya had a typo in:
And all the time I know a drink WONT fix it, even if just for a little chaos.

weev, 9 ,19,29 years is a long time.
9 days is an eternity.

now, throw out the asskikin machine. it aint doin ya any good.

you you feel like youre acting drunk when sober.
buuuuuttttt, would you even care how you reacted iffen you were drunk? would you care if your relationships werent right?

ya didnt get here overnight. its gonna take T.I.M.E. for everything to get better.
give time time.

but i think i already see something getting better-
youre clearer and more aware.
thats already progress.
Old 05-14-2017, 01:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great comments!! I'm on day 30....and yes it does get better after a couple weeks. Not perfect, not sooooo many issues at once. Not sleeping, mood swings, headaches, loudmouth AV, well he still hangs around, but less powerful. So great job on day 9! Keep after it!
Old 05-14-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Weev, I still say things people don't like. That's their problem. Yep, sometimes they jump on me. I don't let it ruin my day, they are entitled to their opinion and I'm equally entitled to mine. If you haven't run into someone who disagrees with you, you don't get out enough.

I think you're right about not wanting to hear gossip, and if someone didn't like being called on that, you were still right. But yeah, people are gonna snap at you when you call them on something. It's easier on me and more peaceful to just walk away where I can't hear them, and then remember to stay away from them.

Proud of you for Day 9. It keeps getting better. Maybe these little things will happen again, but they won't always seem like a big deal.
Old 05-14-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The first 30 days are the most difficult. It gets easier after that. Just need to feel the pain and your emotions without drinking to push through the first 30 days.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 9 Weev

It took a while for me to find the right emotional settings for things - I'd spent so long feeling nothing that sometimes when I felt something in the early days, especially an injustice, I'd go straight to nuclear.

I still think thats better than saying nothing though - and I worked out the appropriate level of response thing in the end

D
Old 05-14-2017, 05:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Just take care of you and your sobriety Weev. It's all that matters. Given time it all smooths out. Hang in there.