Notices

Productive Saturday! Booze-free feels really good..

Old 05-13-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Productive Saturday! Booze-free feels really good..

Hi all!

Just doing a quick check in. I have had a very productive Saturday with my BF. We picked up a gift for 2 year old twins and then headed to their birthday party. Something that I've noticed since getting sober (20 days ago! woo!) is that I'm a lot less stressed out about booze overall. Like, I didn't have that nagging worrying thought all morning, "Will they have alcohol there? Should I bring my own? Should I have a glass of wine before we head out?" It doesn't matter because I'm not drinking.. And also, it was a 2 year old birthday party. Come on, now.

After the birthday party we went to the mattress store and bought a new mattress, frame, box spring and two cooling pillows... $2600 later, but we'll finally have a comfortable bed to sleep on. Our current mattress came from Ikea six years ago. It's been fine, but no where near a good mattress. We're pretty excited about it! And, with all the money that I'll be saving each month.. that's just gonna go to the mattress payment.

After the mattress store we went to dinner with my BF's parents. When we arrived they were sitting at the bar waiting for the table to be cleared. Second we walked up his father asked us what we were drinking.. just water for me. Dinner was delicious and went by very smoothly. At one point I asked my BF how the his drink was and instinctively he reached his glass out to give me a taste, but then pulled it back. When we got in the car he apologized lol I told him it wasn't a big deal. That's just who he is. It doesn't matter what it is that I'm asking about.. he'll always give me a sip or taste of what he has. He's a good man.

We're home now, curled up on the sofa and watching TV. I'm looking forward to a lazy day of reading and crocheting tomorrow.

Hope you all are having a nice day, wherever you are.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sounds like sobriety is treating you quite well. Good job. It really is a better way to live. I just got back from a party myself, had a great meal and a diet coke and a bottle of water. Watching playoff hockey now and listening to a podcast. Its peaceful, sane, and tomorrow I"ll feel great.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 05-13-2017, 06:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a good sober weekend Nikka

D
Old 05-13-2017, 06:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds great, Nikka. Keep going.
Old 05-13-2017, 06:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

You sound great! Gotta love the good night's sleep and the sober mornings! It fits you perfectly! Stay strong...be happy!
Old 05-13-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nice job Nikka! That is a very encouraging report. Stay strong!
Old 05-13-2017, 09:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Old 05-15-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's good to hear that you're doing well