Notices

Cant even get a day one

Old 05-13-2017, 11:11 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I want to stop, I really do, I just don't think I can.

Hi emme, I'm sorry you are struggling, but what I've highlighted above is what is standing in your way. I do think you can, and you should join me in that thought. That you CAN... not can't. Wish you the best.
Old 05-13-2017, 11:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Emme,

I am glad you are here. I wish I could just grab you and hug you for 24 hours so can get your day 1. Keep trying you'll get it. Keep trying something different until you find what works for you. IF you don't change, then nothing changes. Can't continue to do the same acts hoping the outcome will be different.

Good luck and many prayers.
Old 05-13-2017, 12:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Emm

I don't know you yet, but wanted to share with you. I've been in and out, in and out, and in and out of sobriety now for over 30 years. I know how hard it can be and how it really seems like I can't stay sober or worse start believing others saying I just don't really want to... (that is a real bummer).

You can come back today. You can come back however many times it takes to stay on the path to and in sobriety. And any time you get sober ... you NEVER loose that. If you fight off a drink for an hour ... that says something about your dedication and when you get just a tiny start down the road ... you will get tiny little gifts (if you take the time to look at them).

Right now, I know that I (and you) have just as much a chance of being sober today as anyone else. There isn't something so wrong with you that you can't stay sober ... you just are still looking for what works for you. I do some AA, some smart, even (I guess) some AVRT. I also see a councelor, post and interact on SR and participate in a non-god based spiritual path on a daily basis.

I feel pretty good about how this is working for me. It's like all the pieces are falling together.

My hope for you is that you will continue to pursue every possible way to stay sober - Keeping what works in place and letting go of what seems inappropriate for your sober path.

A winner is a looser who never stops trying
Old 05-13-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by emme99 View Post
Thanks SoberLeigh, PippoRossi, Dee & comtnman740

I have looked at Dee's plan threads before but it can't hurt to look at them again. I am going to focus this weekend on putting something together that I can follow. I am pretty good at making a plan, it's the following the plan that I struggle with. I have to do something different though, that is clear. Thanks again everyone
emme, maybe keep it simple and go with what ya said
"I need to start meetings again."
seems if ya say this, there was something there that you related to and/or sounded good for you.
Old 05-13-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

How is it going, emme?
Old 05-13-2017, 02:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Abstinence Apprentice

I don't think it's a question of whether or not you quit drinking daily because you will eventually, at least for a while. Inevitably, you'll lose your capacity to earn and your resources will be consumed. The question is how to stay stopped when you do.

Though I'm certainly no master on maintaining long-term sobriety, I recommend staying involved with this site as, at least, one method of attempting to keep the situation in check.

I am in the same situation as you are now, and it seems I've always gotten involved with SR when then damage was already under way. You can find comfort and support within these forums, but it's real value comes when you continue after the troubled times disappear.

Definitely, don't wish to come across as brash and negative, but sometimes it's best just to face the stark truth. I've been battling the situation you're currently in for way too long and have found that visiting this site, and taking other proactive steps, is the way to go.

As for having a day off from the booze, guess I'm kinda lucky because on Sundays here you can't buy it anywhere (blue laws) which is sort of a saving grace ( when I try to stock up on Saturday, it usually doesn't last until I hit the sack). Don't know the situation on that in your locale.

By merely posting here at all is most definitely a step forward, you've decided to take ownership of the dilemma, and for that, you deserve major kudos!

I just had to throw in my 2 cents, or maybe it's 5 cents now due to inflation and all!

TAKE THE BULL BY THE HORNS !!!!!!!!!!!!!