Notices

Hello, everyone

Old 05-11-2017, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello, everyone

Hello, new member here. I really hope to find some comfort here knowing others struggle with the same things as me. I'm sure I will be making all kinds of posts constantly seeking answers but I know that's not what this is about. Whatever this site can do for me I hope it aids in helping me quit this awful habit I've had for about a year and a half.

I'm 23 about to be 24 this August and I'm pretty disgusted with how much a drink everyday and I'm starting to worry about my longevity in life. I would hate for it to be cut short because of something as gross and awful as alcohol. I look forward to getting to know other members!
Old 05-11-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR!

Originally Posted by oladam777 View Post
I'm sure I will be making all kinds of posts constantly seeking answers but I know that's not what this is about.
Well, I'm pretty sure it's not about the Hokey Pokey.

Fire up your questions. Be prepared not to like all the answers, but be open to them.

Best of Luck on Your Journey!
Old 05-11-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by oladam777 View Post
Hello, new member here. I really hope to find some comfort here knowing others struggle with the same things as me. I'm sure I will be making all kinds of posts constantly seeking answers but I know that's not what this is about. Whatever this site can do for me I hope it aids in helping me quit this awful habit I've had for about a year and a half.

I'm 23 about to be 24 this August and I'm pretty disgusted with how much a drink everyday and I'm starting to worry about my longevity in life. I would hate for it to be cut short because of something as gross and awful as alcohol. I look forward to getting to know other members!
Welcome, oladam 777! Many here struggle with the same things as you. Not all of us were lucky enough (or smart enough) to realize we had a problem at your age. Post, post, post. That really is what it's all about. Support. Glad you are here.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Old 05-11-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to SR oladam777, 23 is a good age to quit. Much better than leaving it until 54 like I did.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome! There's a lot of support here. Use it to get yourself sober for good.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're here seeking support.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sure I will be making all kinds of posts constantly seeking answers but I know that's not what this is about.
hi

Nah...ask as many questions as you like Oladam - this is a support site... and that means support for you as much as anyone else

Welcome

D
Old 05-11-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're glad you joined us, Oladam! You'll be saving yourself so much misery by stopping now. I knew in my 20's I didn't drink like others, but did nothing about it. Many years later I was picking up the pieces of my life. This won't happen to you. Welcome.
Old 05-11-2017, 06:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Reading your post I thought back to where I was living at 23. And it occurred to me that even then, I was taking steps to conceal the amount of empties coming out of my apartment each week. So, yeah. Don't wait 17 years.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. You are wise beyond your years to get a grip on this early in life. I assure it only gets worse. Spend time reading posts here and you can see what it does to our lives after 20-30 years. I know that sounds harsh, but its true.