Notices

New drunk on the board

Old 10-18-2004, 06:29 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Way to go Kim!!!! I am glad you enjoyed your meeting. You are well on your way. I will say a prayer for you tonight that you get a good night's rest. Tomorrow will be day 4! And don't worry about feeling out of sorts at the meeting tonight. Before long you will be like an old pro'. I am sure no one at the meeting thought of you as an idiot. They were all just glad you were there!

Hugs to you!--
Old 10-18-2004, 06:55 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Chy

Your doing great, I'm so proud of you, you've got the right attitude, and desire and willingness to learn. As for sharing at meetings, you share when your ready, some sponsors encourage you to share from the start, some say show up and shut up the first year, which is a little extreme I think, but it works for some. It took me 4 months to share so this is all new, take your time, learn each day, you've got the rest of your life to learn about sobriety.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:24 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Good morning Kim!!! Today is day 4! Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you. Hope today goes well.

Hugs--
Old 10-19-2004, 06:22 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lulu70
Good morning Kim!!! Today is day 4! Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you. Hope today goes well.

Hugs--
((((((lulu70))))))) Thank you so much...I feel pretty darn good today, too. I can honestly feel the "brain fog" lifting and my hands aren't shaking at all. It's so nice to be able to remember what I did yesterday and the day before...even better it's so nice that I didn't make an a$$ of myself in some way shape or form these past few days, LOL!

Day 4 still sober! I'll check in later
I'm off to go hear the president speak.... my photographer managed to get us VIP tickets - Yay!

>^,,^<
Kim
Old 10-19-2004, 07:41 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Dan

It's hard for me to remember a sweeter feeling than that of coming out of the brain fog after my last binge. After three or four days of very not comfortable skin and uncontrolable shakes, to finally sleep and eat...

Way to go Kim.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:15 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Little Girl Found

Hey Kim...I'm a little late welcomming you as well, but I just wanted to say congrats on your first meeting, and no...not sharing isn't considered weird at all. I know that I had (still have) somewhat of a problem when I don't feel like sharing. But, you've just got to accept that you're feeling that way, and that it's perfectly okay. It doesn't make you a "bad" person. I think that it's wonderful that you have a friend in the program who was able to introduce you to a lot of people. That makes this recovery process so much easier when you don't feel like a total stranger.
I agree with you Dan, that first night of not feeling antsy and shakey and actually able to sleep more than a couple hours (sans the f*ed up dreams)...that is utterly and completely blissful. It's strange how much I took that for granted while I was drinking.
Again, Kim...welcome. This is one of my favorite places to be!

Danielle, alkie with 127 days. Go me!!!

P.S. Welcome to you too dbear. Glad you're here!
Old 10-19-2004, 07:22 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

hi kim wow what a story or i should say life you,ve had with alcohol.we,ve all been there one way or another.I had to put myself into a recovery center when i tried to sobor up.It was the hardest thing i ever had to admit to defeat to booze but i did and i,ve met alot of wonderful people so far that could help me and i hope the same for you
u.So good luck and take it one day at a time
Old 10-20-2004, 05:53 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
Well, it's day five for me and all is well. I noticed the brain fog lifted a little more this morning.... No more shaking body parts either ~grin~ I know I may be repeating myself but I want to thank you all for your warm welcomes and invaluable advice. I've noticed that a lot of you thank the newcomers for "keeping you sober today"—well, I think that can go both ways. Thank you all for keeping me sober these past five days. This forum has become an important tool in my recovery toolbox. God bless you all!! You're wonderful people!!

>^,,^<
Kim
Old 10-20-2004, 06:09 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

((((((((((((Kim)))))))))))))) Day 5--you are well on your way. Hope you have a good day today.

Hugs--
Old 10-20-2004, 07:56 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hi!

My name is Audrey. I'll be 50 in March, and I don't want to drink anymore. I have stopped before, but never stayed stopped. It's gotten really bad though. Almost a bottle of Vodka every day. I know it is killing me. I even drink on the job. I feel wretched all the time. I'm sick of the hiding and lying. I just want to stop! It feels good to tell someone my dirty secret about drinking on the job. I feel like such a low-life for doing it. I thought I'd never get so low. Anyway that's only a small piece of my story. I'm glad you're stopped. And I do understand your pain. It's such a lonely, desperate place to be.

Audrey