Notices

Two weeks = Booze free

Old 05-07-2017, 12:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two weeks = Booze free

I haven't posted in a couple of days. I'll admit - AV has been very strong. I haven't succumbed to it and I'm still keeping my hands busy with crocheting/reading/cleaning/whatever.

Friday went well. I spent a few hours learning the granny square. It felt good to dedicate myself to learning something new. It felt like time well spent instead of boozing it up and browsing Facebook for five hours. Saturday we went to a few yarn stores, stopped at the book store and grabbed lunch at a local hot dog stand. Under normal circumstances I would use a beautiful Saturday afternoon to booze it up at a restaurant. It was nice not being controlled by whether or not the restaurant we went to had alcohol on their menu. We saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 with friends at 8PM. By the time we got out it was close to 11PM. After the movie everyone was headed to a local bar for a few drinks. I had a bit of a headache from the 3D movie, so we decided to skip it and go home. It felt good making that decision. Two weeks ago I would have ignored my headache and went out to keep the party going.

Today has been spent being quite lazy. We're watching The Met's Game, I just started on a new summer shawl and we finished up lunch. I'm sipping on a seltzer.

Things are good. Like I said, AV is strong and I feel a little less optimistic about things, but it's been a good weekend so far.

I hope you are all doing well! Happy Sunday, guys.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Nik,

I quit drinking when I was about 28 years old for 8 months.

It seemed so easy, I decided to start drinking again.

I thought I could quit easy again if I wanted too. Well....that was not the case.

Be aware that each stop and start sends us deeper and deeper into a physical and mental recovery hellish hole.

Folks that drink excessively are on that path

Folks don't like to fear booze. I vote...why not fear it. It almost destroyed everything I have.

I believe I made it out this time only by the grace of God. I am never drinking again. This booze thing is a killer.

Well done on 2 weeks.

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job staying sober and congrats on 2 weeks !

Don't sit with the AV come here it will pass a lot easier & youl see the irrationality of it with clarity hence I'm always saying in this together

Well done you x

Old 05-07-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey, congrats on the two weeks! Btw I've had to do the same, turning down invites for drinks after a movie had let out. I guess I could have done so and ordered a coffee or something.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 05-07-2017, 02:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nik- quite literally my drinking DID destroy everything for me, then I drank again and nearly died, after succeeding 3 times the time b4 (only technology and medical expertise revived me). A little scared straight stuff. 2 weeks is good- build on that and heal/grow/ share. Do everything it takes- psychol't, counsellor, doc. AA, SMART, journal, HALTS, mindful breathing to name but a few. Pick up and learn a little each- from a lot. Support to you. PJ
Old 05-07-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Two weeks is great! Well done and keep going.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 2 weeks. I hope you'll think a little on a plan to see you through every day, not just the hard ones

D
Old 05-07-2017, 08:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Yay. Nikki..two weeks is great. When my AV got really bad I went to my first AA meeting. It helped. If that's not for you, then this site is certainly also a great place for support. Hang in there.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done on 2 weeks sober Nikka.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Two weeks is awesome!!! Stay on track and you'll never regret yesterday.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:11 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your 2 weeks!