Notices

Give up

Old 05-07-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by taplow View Post
The solution to the "problem" creates the problem. Give up the "giving up," that's what I reckon.
How is that working out for you?
Old 05-07-2017, 05:00 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno about anyone else Taplow but I didn't post here to annoy you or for an argument.

I'm ready and willing to help.

D
Old 05-07-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

On here, if it's not a positive, heartwarming message, it means you've got to spell everything out. It's not about wrong or right, it's about facts. The fact is that I've made drinking such a problem myself. I built it up into this big thing, and now I'm stuck.
It's also a fact that anyone can quit drinking and get better if they really want to. Nothing to spell out about that.....you created the problem so you can fix it. You can't argue your way out of it though and that seems to be the path you are taking here. You seem to demand a lot from others...how about applying some of that to yourself?
Old 05-07-2017, 06:17 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
You seem to demand a lot from others...how about applying some of that to yourself?
What exactly am I demanding?
Old 05-07-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

What exactly am I demanding?
You are demanding/seeking the attention of others by continung your argument. The premise that you cannot get better or dismiss others ideas/programs is the argument in question. And you are the only one who can end it.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

"I don't think it's enough just to say, you are wrong without saying why - or to clarify something."

I think you're wrong because there are people right here on SR who recognized that their drinking was ruining their lives, knew it would be very difficult to quit, but tackled the problem anyway, worked hard, and SUCCEEDED (eventually, at least) in getting and staying sober.

There's plenty of real-life evidence that recognizing how hard it is to quit drinking doesn't mean you CAN'T quit drinking.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:59 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Hi taplow,
I know how it is when drunk, the theories one can come up with make perfect sense. I remember so many drunken aha moments. The musings and ramblings in my head seemed so logical. Waxing philosophical while drunk seemed so damned profound. Felt like f*cking Socrates when I was all tanked up.

It's not real though.

What do you want for your life?
Old 05-07-2017, 08:16 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

"I admit, I drink because I'm a weak minded ********."

My opinion is as follows.

1. I do drugs because I am weak minded.

2. How do I strengthen my mind?

3. Meetings, Forums, Sponsor, Reading, Praying, and the list of exercises goes on.

Recovery starts with abstinence. Start by stopping. The void will be uncomfortable. Find things to fill the void. This will help keep one from sitting and thinking about the void.

Call it a disease and treat it. Call it a weakness and strengthen it. Call it a character defect and repair it. Just figure out what you need to do and then do it, for yourself.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:24 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Several posts and replies have been removed from this thread. Please remember the following. Futher violations will be treated accordingly.

Please Read! The Newcomers Forum is a safe and welcoming place for newcomers. Respect is essential.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:59 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm closing this thread. It's out of control.

Please put someone on Ignore if they are upsetting you. There is no need to post on the boards.