Notices

I am so sick and tired of failing.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am so sick and tired of failing.

Here I go on day 1 yet again. It is so depressing. I feel like absolute crap and have no motivation. My home is a absolute disaster and I have no idea where to start. It could take a month of cleaning to get it even remotely sanitary.

I need to deal with my drinking, I know I do. I need to deal with my life and the choices I have made that lead to this.

It is so hard. All I want to do is go and get booze so I don't feel like crap. Stopping sucks, it is a horrible process. I feel like I am going crazy.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

You're back, and trying. That's a start. What are you willing to do to see that you stop failing? A solid recovery plan to support my decision to quit is what worked for me.
Old 05-06-2017, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Vegit,

I've read through some of your posts...looks like you've been struggling for a while. I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time. Is there someone you can call to be with you today? What type of recovery options have you considered?

CT
Old 05-06-2017, 12:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi vegit8, don't go and get booze, you'll only continue in the spiral of despair- trust me. I'm only a few days in but feel so much better already. My house needed some work too- but I've thrown myself into it and it's doing me the world of good! I hope you wake up tomorrow on day 2 xx lex X
Old 05-06-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Vegit8
Old 05-06-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's so difficult to get past the first couple days because all we want to do is drink. It is so tormenting. But now on Day 5 I am feeling well again. It is definitely more manageable. But if we don't get past that initial day 1, things can spiral down so fast.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone.

I have been just doing a lot of reading. I do need a plan, and I need to figure that out, desperately as I can't keep doing this. I am trying to keep busy and start cleaning. It is overwhelming, and I get so dizzy when I stand up.

I have been trying to have fruit juice to help with the shaking, but it isn't really helping at all.

I know I need to reach out this time and i have to be honest to people about how bad it has gotten if I stand any chance of succeeding.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Take it one hour at a time and go to bed early.
Old 05-06-2017, 01:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good job Vegit...you just need to get through today. Be good to yourself and you'll feel better in the morning.
Old 05-06-2017, 02:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your not going crazy your addicted to Alcohol have you read any of the plan links ?

Are you going to any recovery meeting​s Inc AA Smart Lifering AVRT SOS

Group therapy really helped me too
Old 05-06-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Vegit - maybe posting more regularly here would be a start?
Check out the Class of May support thread?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-one-7.html

D
Old 05-06-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I have been trying to have fruit juice to help with the shaking, but it isn't really helping at all.

It won't. It's good for you, but you body is detoxing from alcohol. The cure for the shaking is time.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Vegit8 ...... be kind to yourself!!! You're posting is so motivating for me. Like FreedomCA said, one hour at a time sometimes. I have been having to sit on my hands all day! : )
Old 05-07-2017, 01:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I know how you feel, always starting over again, always facing day one again. It was exhausting and depressing. You can get a plan together and do this though. I know it seems impossible right now, but it really is possible. Starting to clean your house is great too, it will keep you busy and help you to see positive progress. Keep posting here.